March 28, 2024, 10:08:41 am

Author Topic: Jansi's Suggestions  (Read 3010 times)

jansi

• View Profile
Jansi's Suggestions
« on: August 14, 2011, 03:53:45 pm »
1) Implement the same spawnwep system as it is in the XE so we can choose all the weapons to spawn with. None of the sets suit to my play style so EVERY time I spawned, instead of immediately joining the fight I had to find a quiet place (since you can be easily killed at a spawn points) and type in the /c wep commands.
This is one of the reasons why most part of the game I spent outside of the base -- getting killed by a group of enemies right after all this typing is very annoying.
There is a client-sided solution - macros. But idk if that's allowed, and that would involve spamming commands at a quick rate.

2) Increase the initial and '/c wep' ammo count to max. I use m4/ruger a lot and run out of the default 500 very quickly. Watching at ammo/refilling is just a too big of a blunder. Again - instead of playing the game I get to practice my typing skills...

3) Do not spawn the vehicles inside *each other* (barracks at blue base) as it creates ENORMOUS lag. Every other part of the game ran smoothly at constant 30fps and only Prawn island lagged like hell. Because of this lag the only option for me was defending.
If I remember correctly, spawning them in walls should be fine, the problem appears when cars are spawned inside one another. I guess the game starts to calculate collisions but cars can't be moved so these calculations go on forever, hogging down the CPU. Also the same result could be achieved using an invisible barrier like in SvM (you get pushed back when try to leave the island). "Get a better PC" isn't a solution!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:37:46 am by Cutton »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Crossfire|OutlawZ

• Crazy Man
  • Wubba Lubba DUBB DUBBB BIAAAAATCH!!
    • View Profile
suggestons for next vice war?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:20:55 pm »
1) Implement the same spawnwep system as it is in the XE so we can choose all the weapons to spawn with. None of the sets suit to my play style so EVERY time I spawned, instead of immediately joining the fight I had to find a quiet place (since you can be easily killed at a spawn points) and type in the /c wep commands.
This is one of the reasons why most part of the game I spent outside of the base -- getting killed by a group of enemies right after all this typing is very annoying.
There is a client-sided solution - macros. But idk if that's allowed, and that would involve spamming commands at a quick rate.

2) Increase the initial and '/c wep' ammo count to max. I use m4/ruger a lot and run out of the default 500 very quickly. Watching at ammo/refilling is just a too big of a blunder. Again - instead of playing the game I get to practice my typing skills...

3) Do not spawn the vehicles inside *each other* (barracks at blue base) as it creates ENORMOUS lag. Every other part of the game ran smoothly at constant 30fps and only Prawn island lagged like hell. Because of this lag the only option for me was defending.
If I remember correctly, spawning them in walls should be fine, the problem appears when cars are spawned inside one another. I guess the game starts to calculate collisions but cars can't be moved so these calculations go on forever, hogging down the CPU. Also the same result could be achieved using an invisible barrier like in SvM (you get pushed back when try to leave the island). "Get a better PC" isn't a solution!

I just can say about 1), rest is by cutton/s1else
Well spawnwep can't be done i guess, i dunno if it has watermark of xe or not :> but there were weapons tiers though, /c wepclass 1/2/3

how about that boys

red take blue cars and get 10+ points and blue take red cars and get 10+points

i dunno about points ! xD  :thumbsup:
you, is an idiot.

UJIbU4

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:31:00 pm »
yeah, was holding on by picking up enemy's and teammates's m60 LOL

"Get a better PC" isn't a solution!
absolutely right.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

FaF

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Clan MK
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 06:57:41 pm »

@2: All weapons had 9999 ammo in last vice war but it was removed due to spam of weapons like projectiles and thrown offs...

@3: Barracks were there to block to make it fair....

Zeke

• Crazy Man
  • VC:MP and LU beta tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 07:53:14 pm »

They should of added worlds bounds inplace of the barracks.

InstallHook(0x405AC0,(DWORD)CantFindFuckingAnim,0x405A95,
CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode,sizeof(CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode));
-------------------------------------------------
[00:41:12] <~Murdock> actually just transfering files
[00:41:16] <~Murdock> sounds, clientscripts etc
[00:42:05] <heekzs> what transfer method you uses
[00:43:03] <~Murdock> speed of light

FaF

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Clan MK
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 09:46:12 pm »

They should of added worlds bounds inplace of the barracks.

you sure know how world bounds work?  ::)

ULK.HeAD

• Fanatic
  • the most interesting man in VCMP
    • View Profile
    • ULK Gang
Re: Jansi's Suggestions
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 03:25:27 pm »
what about one firetruck jammed in there? i guess they can park a car next to it and hop over, so its not the same exactly... but it would still make that entrance almost useless given the location in blue's base..

aXXo

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 04:16:47 pm »
Spawnwep supported.
Or there could be a /c resetwep cmd, which disarms the player.
And then players can set them manually.
But yea...spawnwep is a very helpful utility in XE, it would do great in VW....so i prefer it :)

For M4 ammo.
You can rape spam /c wep ruger and then type /c wep m4 once.
You get a lot of ammo :P
Last Vicewar, 9999 rockets + molotovs were very unfair for attackers.
20 was just perfect.

It is quite probable that the barracks were causing lag.
I have a huge RAM in my PC with no graphic card, it wasent lagging at all in Prawn.
Whereas my lappy has a better graphic card, but less processor speed......it did lag in prawn.
Also, I know for sure some guys have uber graphic cards, even they were lagging in Prawn.
So it could be due to the overtimed collisions.

jansi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 10:03:32 pm »
About the ammo limit -- what about giving max ammo only for the weapons we can get for free? Grenades, Mollies, rockets, etc stay the same.

Back in the day on LW some players including me used !getcar command to jam cars in walls to climb buildings. During that the game NEVER got any laggier than usual. But the moment one car got stuck inside another, the game's responsiveness dropped incredibly... I never got close to that spot in Prawn island but maybe someone remember if the barracks touched each other? If that was the case this lag could be fixed by leaving a little space between barracks (small enough to block players and bikes).

CoLa_z0r

• Crazy Man
  • Agape z0r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 12:21:22 am »
About the ammo limit -- what about giving max ammo only for the weapons we can get for free? Grenades, Mollies, rockets, etc stay the same.

Back in the day on LW some players including me used !getcar command to jam cars in walls to climb buildings. During that the game NEVER got any laggier than usual. But the moment one car got stuck inside another, the game's responsiveness dropped incredibly... I never got close to that spot in Prawn island but maybe someone remember if the barracks touched each other? If that was the case this lag could be fixed by leaving a little space between barracks (small enough to block players and bikes).

for the first time in my life, I have no complaints on lag since my laptop is uberawesome :>

And on the ammo, I think it's not so bad to have limited weapons. It's kinda fun using weapons wisely in certain situations, and picking up weapons etc :P

>VC:MP Since 2007.
>Founder & Leader of DU (2008~).
>Highest Spree: 90 (@LW) | Highest Score: 1100 Kills (@SvM), 341 Kills (@LW).

UJIbU4

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 01:49:42 pm »
yes :thumbsup: and if the spawnwep (if we will have the same system as now) contains one of non-free weps it should be limited too

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 05:14:45 pm »
i have idea: All weapons for free, only Molotov, Rocket launcher and Flame Thrower?
Molotov: 2000$ you get 50 ammo
Rocket launcher: 3500$ you get 50 ammo
Flame Thrower: 3000$ you get 100 ammo
It would be good idea, because these only three are makes big damage

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

Klaus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 01:15:29 pm »
And on the ammo, I think it's not so bad to have limited weapons. It's kinda fun using weapons wisely in certain situations, and picking up weapons etc :P

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 03:29:38 pm »
Well it's cool idea but people will all the time /c wep rocket /c wep flame
The Flame Thrower and the Rocket Launcher for money it would be cool

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.