When should ViceWar be played again?

Autumn 2013
24 (25.8%)
Winter 2013
38 (40.9%)
Summer 2014
31 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: When should ViceWar be restarted?  (Read 24599 times)

Kessu

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Restart ViceWar in a week
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2013, 06:09:51 pm »
Nadeem, I hope you do realise that scripts can get fucked up with time passing by. When shit goes wrong, then shit goes wrong. Keep your cool about it, no point getting all emo about it.

Stormeus, I'd like an official confirmation about how the things will go.

Today's VW, are the results only official? Are they combined with the next VW results? Are they completely nullified and only next one counts?

Please explain this for all of us, it'd be much appreciated.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

stormeus

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 06:16:44 pm »
Agreed with the above, except for one little tidbit:

Or, as Kessu has suggested, we could play again for fun that is, and for pure fun, without any pressure for either team to count points.

The entire point of ViceWar to have 24 hours of entertainment. This isn't a competitive event; individual stats don't really count for anything other than a cool little keepsake after a good round, and the only thing that anyone gets by winning as a team is rightfully earned bragging rights. There should still be points counted for the second round, especially considering that without them, it's not really so much Vice War as it is a generic TDM mode.

EDIT:

Stormeus, I'd like an official confirmation about how the things will go.

Today's VW, are the results only official? Are they combined with the next VW results? Are they completely nullified and only next one counts?

All I can say for sure is that these results will not be completely nullified. Whether they will be combined with the next round's results or kept separately has yet to be determined.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:20:08 pm by stormeus »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

Wolf.

• Vice Underdog Trainee (Inactive)
  • Likes to post
  • ^TBG^Darius before
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 06:19:31 pm »
Sure, YES ! Deso will be playing <3 ...Number of all crashes what i have today - 122, did ya bellieve ? Losts and unhandled exceptions...Todays game was a tragedy.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Tom

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2013, 06:20:17 pm »
If you really think you are a pro,why you don't want to play it again?Because these bugs will be fixed?You think you won't make it next time?
I'll rape you again with pleasure 8)

But tell me one thing. Why these results should be erased? Both teams fought on equal conditions. Blue and Red both suffered that terrible crashes.
Otherwise, as Aki said, we spent time. Aren't our actions and our time deserve to accept the our victory?
Agree Agree x 2 Disagree Disagree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

stormeus

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2013, 06:23:02 pm »
But tell me one thing. Why these results should be erased? Both teams fought on equal conditions. Blue and Red both suffered that terrible crashes.
Otherwise, as Aki said, we spent time. Aren't our actions and our time deserve to accept the our victory?

All I can say for sure is that these results will not be completely nullified. Whether they will be combined with the next round's results or kept separately has yet to be determined.

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

Tom

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2013, 06:26:12 pm »

Deal with it  8)

ulkaki

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2013, 06:33:52 pm »
Apologies for drawing everyone's attention again on the same point.

I hope that the following echoes the sentiments of everyone here, regardless of blue/red.

Many of us have to either work or study Monday-Fridays. Giving up an entire 24 hours is almost the equivalent of giving up the entire weekend. I also know that many people on the blue team (based on what I hear on Mumble) have been playing until the morning (U.S. time - but that is irrelevant since the event is a full 24 hours) and yes, we're all grumpy, sleep-deprived, and the only thing to get us going is a cocktail of caffeine, sugar, and various substances I shall not specify.

And not to mention, the weeks - that is around 20 days - of planning and preparing for this event.

@Stormeus, I hate to put the spotlight on you, but please consider the circumstances with complete objectivity. This is an issue, that has actually very little to do with the current scores, or the fact that blue is winning by 600 kills, or the poll results (didn't see the point of poll here fyi), etc. It is a matter of whether or not everyone's efforts here (red or blue) are acknowledged and legitimized.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

DarKFirE

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2013, 06:38:03 pm »
This is the point, if you want to restart the event, both teams should have the actual points, because otherwise this could be seen as favoritism for the red team.

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

Klaus

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 06:41:38 pm »
The only way I would agree with this is to extend the event - i.e. pause the event and keep the current scores, and then continue the event for another round of 24 hours sometime in the near future.
This.
Cannot rate own posts

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2013, 06:43:33 pm »
This is the point, if you want to restart the event, both teams should have the actual points, because otherwise this could be seen as favoritism for the red team.
And if you were on the other side would it be favoritism to the blue team?
Agree Agree x 4 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 06:43:48 pm »
yes ofc
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 3 (list)

OathBreaker

• Fanatic
  • Breaking Oaths is just what I do :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2013, 06:59:16 pm »
Yeah Bruce is right I didn't esrimated that nice bruce
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Quote from: Byakuya Kuchiki
Arrogance destroys the footholds of victory

gaminq

• #LK
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 07:03:36 pm »
Change to No, the blue team won.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 06:31:49 pm by gaminq »
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Deso

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2013, 08:06:41 pm »
Lol, people actually no-life the entire day, playing in VW? -_-

I'm all into the fun in this and since I missed it - hell yes! Restart the event!
Disagree Disagree x 1 Winner Winner x 2 (list)

~ kyber7

White

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2013, 08:27:02 pm »
The crashes are not to blame for the red teams 700 kill deficit.  Both teams were affected by them equally.  Other than giving red a second chance, I don't see any other reasons why this event should be restarted.

No.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 08:32:19 pm by White »
Agree Agree x 2 Disagree Disagree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 7 (list)