login
March 28, 2024, 11:53:01 am

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 23320 times)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2018, 05:27:41 pm »
can i still join any gang?

Yes, in your case, once applications open you are free to join any other gang. If you were leaving from a previous gang however, you would have to ask for the gang leader's permission (as private boards for each gang have been implemented; if they alert admins that they wrote something they don't want ex members leaking, then we will keep you tied to that gang if you want to participate in VW)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2018, 07:45:39 pm »
Hello? Wolf pack is VU?
Funny Funny x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Almo

• Vice Underdog Rookie (Inactive)
  • Fanatic
  • (â—£_â—¢)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2018, 12:13:14 pm »
Hello? Wolf pack is VU?

wolfpack it is, waiting for the applications to reopen

NO_MERCY

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2018, 03:42:54 pm »
Am I still allowed to join the event ?

- Ask questions here next time -  
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 04:11:03 pm by GangstaRas »

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2018, 04:13:24 pm »
Am I still allowed to join the event ?

No, for wanting to create an ultimatum with hacks, I banned you from the event itself back then. Although all bans are relinquished due to database rebuild, I'm still holding that punishment against your actions.
Agree Agree x 6 (list)

Saim

• Vice Underdog Rookie
  • Crazy Man
  • Life is Torment
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2018, 11:33:27 am »
I want to go in other gang, but I'm register with The Night Wolves  now i want to shuffle in "The Wolf Pack" It's Possible ?

"All hope is gone"

Credits to me

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2018, 12:19:49 pm »
I want to go in other gang, but I'm register with The Night Wolves  now i want to shuffle in "The Wolf Pack" It's Possible ?

You need permission from your gang leader (he has to tell me directly or make the public announcement in his gang's topic, no word of mouth business). If he doesn't do that, we will assume there's private info he does not want leaked by his would be ex-member, thus you can't leave

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2018, 06:51:39 pm »
Are we allowed to do c-glitch in the event?
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

ZAiM

• Fanatic
  • I came, I saw, I conquered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2018, 07:19:18 pm »
Are we allowed to do c-glitch in the event?
lol Killah in VW7 , Frame limiter OFF and C-glitch is allowed all of things that is not allowed in LW is allowed in VW7 (except hacks , or any programs that gave you advantage at another players).

OmaRosh

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Always Kaizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2018, 11:32:21 pm »

edit: please delete this it was mistaken
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:34:39 pm by OmaRosh »
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

"Never fight close to omarosh..."

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2018, 05:35:15 am »
Is there any balancing or something? there are more than 200-300 participants from various teams,  for example if only The wolf pack, and 2 other teams occupies whole 100/100 slot, what will be the scene left for rest of the teams..  just wondering, the number games should be fair at least,  even tho if some of them get disconnected or they leave after a while, still it won't be possible for other teams to match their scores lately,  I think so..  :s

KILLERX.

« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2018, 08:29:35 am »
Is there any balancing or something? there are more than 200-300 participants from various teams,  for example if only The wolf pack, and 2 other teams occupies whole 100/100 slot, what will be the scene left for rest of the teams..  just wondering, the number games should be fair at least,  even tho if some of them get disconnected or they leave after a while, still it won't be possible for other teams to match their scores lately,  I think so..  :s
i think you forgot its vcmp its impossible to get 100 players at once  :P :P
Cannot rate own posts

klein.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2018, 08:52:05 am »

yea, even paki and indians participants are more than 120 and they're GMT is same just difference of 30 mins (+5;00 and +5;30) if they play at same time rip vw
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2018, 12:54:51 pm »

As KillerX said, we believe 100 players on the server may be impossible but as my philosophy is expect the unexpected, I've already ensured months ago that there was a measure in place regardless, in the event we're wrong and it just so happens. This is because I regard it as unfair play for a group to join the server and drown out the slots limiting competition. It's a garbage comparable to VW3's enemy team not spawning issue (since points were just from kills at the time).

For simplicity in the math, I'm going to use close but not true numbers. The algorithm works like this:

We have 300 members that have registered to the forums to participate

Lets say:

1) Triumvirate makes 90
2) Wolf Pack makes 80
3) Night Wolves make 50
4) Hindutva makes 30
5) Green Gas Garage makes 22
6) Hell Guardians make 20
7) Horrifying Killers (deleted but used for this example) makes 8

The first rule is that every gang must be able to play at all times. We control that by ruling a minimum of at least 5 players (the minimum you need to make your gang). There are 7 gangs in this example, which means 35 slots is split up and dedicated towards each one of them having a 5 player minimum on the server.

Then now the second rule is for every gang that has higher than x number of people, they will have a player slot limit proportioned to them. How this is done is that we divide the 100 player slots available by the 300 players participating to get 33.33%. That means 33.33% of the total of every gang is their maximum number of players that will be able to join.

So, that works out to be (rounded to the nearest whole):

1) Triumvirate - 30
2) Wolf Pack - 27
3) Night Wolves - 17
4) Hindutva - 10
5) Green Gas Garage - 7
6) Hell Guardians - 7
7) Horrifying Killers - 2?

The first rule (5 players per gang) is top priority, hence in the second rule we said "for every gang that has higher than x number of persons". What is the value of x? x is the quotient from the min players divided by the proportion calculated. So that 33.33%, change it to decimal to get 0.3333 then divide it into 5 and you should get 15. So if a group isn't above 15 players, they won't be proportionalized under the second rule and will only be given 5 player slots.

In doing this however, it shifts the equation slightly (you would get higher than 100 players if you proportioned everyone else and enforce 5 players on this one gang, they really should be 2). So what we do as a final step for these scenarios is we subtract the amount we enforce from the 100 and the total number of participants (300) that is used to deduce the proportion for each gang. So we only have 1 group that's enforced to have 5 players, that means we work with 95 / 295 instead of 100 / 300 for the proportion percentage.

95/295 = 32.20%

Which now means the final result will be:

1) Triumvirate - 29
2) Wolf Pack - 26
3) Night Wolves - 16
4) Hindutva - 10
5) Green Gas Garage - 7
6) Hell Guardians - 6
7) Horrifying Killers - 5

Think this adds up to 99 players due to rounding, we can give the extra 1 player in such case to the Horrifying Killers since they are the smallest group.

TL;DR

It's already being managed, you are in good hands as long as I have anything to do about it
Informative Informative x 3 (list)

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2018, 01:30:01 pm »
i think you forgot its vcmp its impossible to get 100 players at once  :P :P
If only LW can hit 95/100, at least for once then I don't think so it'll be surprising to see 100/100 in this VW, I've been playing vcmp since way long, witnessed some unexpected things all the time, you gotta think all way round before coming to a conclusion :D, you can't just make rules at the very last moment :x

yeah understandable, hope so we don't get to face the scenarios where people need to sit back on irc or discord and wait for their turn to play xD
Agree Agree x 3 (list)