March 19, 2024, 11:56:44 am

Author Topic: Hurricane Irma  (Read 2790 times)

Piterus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Hurricane Irma
« on: September 11, 2017, 10:13:50 am »
Yo, everybody all right up there?
Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

MaiYan

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricane Irma
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 12:26:02 pm »
Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Join Us on :https://www.htmkr.com/topic/97-50-posting-contest-reply-to-enter/

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 12:55:55 pm »
Not sure if we have people from the States in Florida specifically but for me, the outer bands of Irma just gave Jamaica some well needed rain. I saw Dominican Republics playing while Irma was passing them so I'd think they're good too. It's unfortunate those that lost their lives in the Leeward Islands of the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, northern Haiti and Dominican Republic, Cuba, and the forgotten sections of Bahamas to name a few. But I would think that devastation in the Caribbean shouldn't be the same as devastation in the US since we're talking about a third vs first world country difference in infrastructure. Also the land is massive, the minute it hits land, the storm is gonna get weaker, but time will tell. Keep them all in prayers.

What I'm more curious about though is this Jose following right behind
Informative Informative x 2 (list)

GoRcEE

• Crazy Man
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 01:12:01 pm »
Not sure if we have people from the States in Florida specifically but for me, the outer bands of Irma just gave Jamaica some well needed rain. I saw Dominican Republics playing while Irma was passing them so I'd think they're good too. It's unfortunate those that lost their lives in the Leeward Islands of the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, northern Haiti and Dominican Republic, Cuba, and the forgotten sections of Bahamas to name a few. But I would think that devastation in the Caribbean shouldn't be the same as devastation in the US since we're talking about a third vs first world country difference in infrastructure. Also the land is massive, the minute it hits land, the storm is gonna get weaker, but time will tell. Keep them all in prayers.
Man! you should be a news reporter.  :) no jk
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 01:40:30 pm »
Agree Agree x 4 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

OmaRosh

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Always Kaizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 02:20:53 pm »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

"Never fight close to omarosh..."

Eddy

• Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 05:48:38 pm »
He (the hurricane) was going to enter to the Dominican Republic but deviated to cuba then went to miami.
it only rained a little here, no tragedy.

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 07:38:55 pm »
Well, I do have to admit I'd be worried too if I lived in a cardboard box (their idea of home) like the folks in florida. There's a reason houses are made on solid foundation and from stone and brick here.
Agree Agree x 2 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Azure

• Crazy Man
  • VUholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 07:49:55 pm »
Well, I do have to admit I'd be worried too if I lived in a cardboard box (their idea of home) like the folks in florida. There's a reason houses are made on solid foundation and from stone and brick here.

same here, in lebanon u wont find thos cardboard houses or ones made of wood, all concrete and bricks
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 10:34:48 pm »
Interesting. I was led to believe that all countries that experienced snow built wooden houses, for whatever insulation benefits it has over concrete. It was all basically bullshit?

Tobi0

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • I need to improve? I will improve
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 11:18:46 pm »
Interesting. I was led to believe that all countries that experienced snow built wooden houses, for whatever insulation benefits it has over concrete. It was all basically bullshit?
It was for the people without heating.

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 01:36:23 am »
One downside of houses ferrari mentioned, no matter how good the insulation is, it's still super hard to cool them, even with A/C (experience).

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 06:36:32 am »
I *think* the point of those cardboard houses are also so it's relatively easy to rebuild them. Structures can be pre-build, moved to the site, then put all together. *poof* you have a house.

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 08:12:44 am »
One downside of houses ferrari mentioned, no matter how good the insulation is, it's still super hard to cool them, even with A/C (experience).

It's true yes, but overall better quality.

I *think* the point of those cardboard houses are also so it's relatively easy to rebuild them. Structures can be pre-build, moved to the site, then put all together. *poof* you have a house.

True, though the true reason is the very price of a home in the U.S. People there pay off their mortgage for a lifetime, and save up on even the most basic and essential things. I find it illogical to have top of the line appliances in store, but at the same time have a house completely made of drywall boards.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

MaDKilleR

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Hi.
    • View Profile
    • MaDKiLLeR's Site
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 01:51:22 pm »
Same here, really strong houses are built here using all kind of constructive material you can name. I don't understand why would anyone living in an area with frequent storms, would built their house with freaking wooden planks? Just build a solid one with which can withstand all of these extreme weather conditions (yes, when you use enough cement, solid bricks and other things, you can build a house which can survive in these conditions)
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

- [VU]MaDKiLLeR