login
March 28, 2024, 12:48:38 pm

Author Topic: Disable headshots  (Read 23462 times)

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
Re: Disable headshots
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 05:32:21 am »
What do you mean aimlock is not easy to detect? You spot an aimlocker right away, all you need is an admin to spectate the suspect (good luck with that, though).
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 07:58:41 am »
I agree with charley
I was a Half-Life multiplayer player before I join VCMP: there weren't any headshots, newbies could kill pros without hacking In plus, some of you know the VAC(Valve anti-cheat as I think) it does block hacks and ban any players who got caught cheating
The VAC system is in every server I had seen in Half-Life(as well as Half-Life opposing force and half life 2 deathmatch) it is well scripted to protect people from hacks and never let any hacker play free without banning him instantly
Nowadays, none is neither hacking nor cheating and more people wants to play half life as it is a funny game as well as there are many and many servers.
This is my opinion
Note: if you look for a good game with a perfect storyline Half-Life is the best choice. sorry for going offtopic
Half-Life wiki: http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Half-Life_storyline
it is an old game made in 1998 but if you look for a better remake go and search for "Black Mesa" it is the same game with enhanced graphics and made with the source engine.
Half-Life 2 isn't bad at graphics like Half-Life 1. the halflife series is a step for the revolution of gaming!!!!
Thanks for your attention.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 09:03:29 am »
newbies could kill pros without hacking In plus,

That's not true. First of all, pros could Gauss jump and bunny hop across the map, which is something the newbies definietly didn't know how to do.

But props for playing Half Life.

Niko

• Crazy Man
  • Arrebatao dando vuelta en la jeepeta🎶
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 09:22:45 am »
those who use that shit should be banned forever

Playing since 2012 |EA Admin|LW's Mod|UA Admin|MK CTF Admin|RTV Mod|Omega-DM Manager|VCCNR Head-Admin|OSK Simple DM Admin|VCDC 5|VCDC 6|Vicewar 5|Vicewar 7|Vicewar 8|

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2018, 09:45:07 am »
Experienced players are able to adapt to new forms of gameplay, newbies are not. The point is to make it fair and fun for new players, so as to keep playercounts high and sustainable.

sentence 1 contradicts sentence 2

there needs to be another, more fool-proof albeit much more difficult way. this situation can't depend on an easy way out.

Until you or someone else can come up with a better solution, this is the only solution possible. I agree that it's not ideal, but taking action is better than not doing anything at all and watching the playerbase dwindle.

I hinted at a possible alternative but I'll state it in a straightforward manner now - roll back to 04rel003 where aimlock does not work in the first place, and where you can't ban evade either

sound good enough? to me it does
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:31:12 pm by Morphine »
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2018, 12:58:51 pm »
I should wrap my mind about it.
Anyway reverting back to 003 is not an option, because latest versions of aimlock work there too as it was stated by somebody here in this topic. Plus I think it wouldn't take much to edit the source and get it to work with 003, they reason they probably didn't bother it is that just Skywars and VKs' linger on 003.
Following the same logic I think it would take even less to adjust the aim to lock on the body instead of head, at that point it would even be worse since by aiming on the body you focus on a larger part of the body, that gives you more threshold when dealing with lag, in a practical environment, considering the aimlock appears to lag behind the player when strafing and able to meet its target only when he stops, by aiming on the torso it would definitely take less time in order for that to happen.
Third from my own experience, it seems to be relatively easy to detect aimlock, while I didn't catch anyone in-game so far, we're inundated by reports by players and it's pretty clear whether the reportee is using it or not.
That is not to say we don't need a solution, but I think disabling headshot is not going to work in the long run.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2018, 01:33:08 pm »
I should wrap my mind about it.
Anyway reverting back to 003 is not an option, because latest versions of aimlock work there too as it was stated by somebody here in this topic. Plus I think it wouldn't take much to edit the source and get it to work with 003, they reason they probably didn't bother it is that just Skywars and VKs' linger on 003.
Following the same logic I think it would take even less to adjust the aim to lock on the body instead of head, at that point it would even be worse since by aiming on the body you focus on a larger part of the body, that gives you more threshold when dealing with lag, in a practical environment, considering the aimlock appears to lag behind the player when strafing and able to meet its target only when he stops, by aiming on the torso it would definitely take less time in order for that to happen.
Third from my own experience, it seems to be relatively easy to detect aimlock, while I didn't catch anyone in-game so far, we're inundated by reports by players and it's pretty clear whether the reportee is using it or not.
That is not to say we don't need a solution, but I think disabling headshot is not going to work in the long run.

thanks for reiterating the original problem

we have now officially gone back to square one

you've done well at sugarcoating what everyone else already wrote, but the real question is not in how well you sugarcoat, but whether you can suggest something that will help the problem at hand
Funny Funny x 1 Artistic Artistic x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2018, 02:04:05 pm »
I'm no huge scripter so I don't know much of the limitations and overhead this would produce but even a useless idea is better than none so tell me if there's anyway to make this possible.

Aimlock has a inhumane movement, which is why we perceive it as a snap-on effect. Nobody who's aiming can snap to an enemy in 1 frame and hold that position in all the other frames after.

Humane movements are taper effects, gradual, with a reaction time that varies for every individual but exists nonetheless (215 ms if I put my faith here). No matter how good you are, we all spin fast then slow down and then stop to aim, we don't 180 and stop in 1 frame, hell we don't even 20 and stop in 1 frame. So why don't we capitalize on that to autoban aimlockers? I believe player.angle() would give us the dataset, its just if its possible without clapping the server.

To alleviate some stress on the scripts, if it is possible, run it when a player is about to shoot (if we can detect that) rather than having the check on all the time. Wasted resource to check for aimlock in someone not shooting.

And for the record, as an experienced sniper I don't really want headshots gone, they make quick scoping possible and shooting moving targets less of a spray. But if we do disable, bring back Hunters and Sea Sparrows. I love me some mayhem  >:D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:57:17 pm by GangstaRas »
Informative Informative x 1 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2018, 02:20:28 pm »
^ needs to be tested, definitely. this is the first idea I'm liking for now, very good thinking on your part, Ras
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2018, 03:19:47 pm »
newbies could kill pros without hacking In plus,

That's not true. First of all, pros could Gauss jump and bunny hop across the map, which is something the newbies definietly didn't know how to do.

But props for playing Half Life.
well to be fair. Youre right as there are many crossbow pros but if a noob finds a gluon gun he would kill every live being in front of him.  I dont know but noobs must know gauss jumb. I remember myself being a noob in half life and i know gauss jumping. Also. There arent many noobs as almost had played singleplayer campaign.

About the topic I request VCMP developpers to update the browser and make it like "MTA" as I see the VCMP engine have a limit and doesnt have much features like MTA does. I dont understand why developpers are inactive these days but there must be an update. What about disabling c-glitch and getting rekt by having shot by a shotgun because laggers are ruling the both.this would bring more players to VCMP and also bringing back sea sparrows and hunters is a good thing. And also some powerups wont damage the game. What do you think guys?
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2018, 03:20:40 pm »
What do you think guys?

man shut the fuck up already
Agree Agree x 5 Funny Funny x 5 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2018, 04:00:57 pm »
Disable headshots - ok.
Soon all use m60 pointed at body - even worse.
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2018, 04:06:24 pm »
I think it would help to understand how aimlock works before we speculate on possible solutions. Aimlock works by following the player nametag. Want to stop aimlock users? Just disable player nametags with: SetShowNametags( false );

It's not an ideal solution, but its somewhat of a solution. A custom nametag can be added with 3D Sprites or text labels, although it wouldn't take much effort to adjust the hack to lock into that custom sprite/text instead so we run into the same issue there. So yea, the safe bet would be just not showing any nametags I guess. This could buy us some time until another hack comes along.

The real solution here lies with VCMP devs, they have "proper" ways to block this, unfortunately there's not much we can do that doesn't bring another set of problems into the mix.
Agree Agree x 5 (list)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2018, 05:58:44 pm »
What do you think guys?

WTF??
pls tell me if you're ok or not Mr.psyco. You really did succeed to prove that you're useless guy by saying bad words in puplic.
Gongratulations.
Funny Funny x 5 Informative Informative x 1 Useful Useful x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Siezer

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2018, 06:17:28 pm »
What do you think guys?

WTF??
pls tell me if you're ok or not Mr.psyco. You really did succeed to prove that you're useless guy by saying bad words in puplic.
Gongratulations.
k, thx.
Funny Funny x 1 (list)