login
March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 pm

Author Topic: Happy new year  (Read 2098 times)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Happy new year
« on: January 03, 2017, 01:39:02 pm »
seeing as this forum is the perfect medium for long posts, I'll leave this one here too

Dear distinguished members of the VC-MP community, players, clan leaders, server leaders, staff members, ladies, and mostly gentlemen.

I am definitely fairly late with conveying this message, and I wholeheartedly apologize. I have been asked to write this much earlier than New Year’s Eve but as we all know, the week before such an event is usually packed with unprecedented and unexpected events.

On behalf of TRC, myself and the several sub-communities I happen to supervise to this day, I would like to congratulate each and every one of you with surviving the very active, stressful and diverse year that is now known in the past tense as 2016.

The words I have picked to describe the year behind us are nothing short of specific, and I will elaborate on why exactly these words have been picked by yours truly to describe 2016 in the context of VC:MP.

Looking back at the address I have given the players of the littlewhitey’s community towards the end of the year of 2015, I can confidently state that 2016 has been no less boring than 2015 has been. 2016, in my opinion, has so far been the liveliest of them all.

The question ‘why?’ will probably have made its way to all of you right now.

As far as the word ‘active’ goes – let us look at several major factors that have contributed to me having picked this word. Since 2015, we have been witnessing the establishment, implementation and ‘polishing’ of the forever awaited new version of our much beloved VC:MP modification. We have witnessed the rise, and fall of a vast number of player groups, or ‘clans’ as we traditionally refer to them.

As unfortunate as it may seem, a great number of the clans that have come to exist over the course of 2016 have split ways the same year, but I personally assure you, that each and every single one of these clans have participated in keeping our small community alive and have left great impacts on it, some positive, some negative. The latter impacts have been better than nothing at all, in any case.

We have witnessed the establishment of a variety of new servers of the course of this year, and my personal shoutouts go to the guys over at EAD, the European City Server, the VK server, the CTF server, the home turfs Argonath RPG and littlewhitey’s, and more importantly all the servers I may have not mentioned right now.

The multitude of unique events has also helped keep shit running, and I salute all event organizers for having gone through the pain of hosting the events that many of us have enjoyed.

The first memory for me, when remembering 2016, would be that it was phenomenally dramatic, hence the second word in my list of three – ‘stressful’. I believe we are all very well acquainted with all the issues we have faced in 2016 and therefore I will not spend another 3 hours writing a bible about that.

Diversity has also been observed over the course of 2016, as I believe the VC:MP demographic has expanded exponentially over the course of last year, and my hopes are for that to reach even newer heights this year.

My personal salute goes out to the clans that have kept shit running this year, including, but not limited to VU, SS, MK, CF, EAF, DU, AsS, UF, EK, AG, TpS, KF, BK, Elv, LK, NYB (in particular!), OSK, MD and HS. Before you ask, yes, I did rip this list off Charley’s speech made before Christmas, and I’m glad I didn’t have to personally go through the pain of getting a list of all of those.

I may as well talk about VU, now that I’ve mentioned the gang. The relationship between TRC and VU has, softly speaking, been extremely tense this year. Both sides have witnessed, gone through, and participated in a plethora of scandals and disagreements. I hope that the ‘demons’ that helped cultivate the tense relationship that we have witnessed in 2016 will stay there.

To conclude, I would like to wish each and every one of you a happy new 2017, filled with productivity and positivity. Let us aim for more action and less talking this year, and this concerns not only VC:MP, but life in general.

Yours truly.
Winner Winner x 1 Friendly Friendly x 11 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 Late Late x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy new year
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 02:10:21 pm »
Happy new year.
Late Late x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

killerkid

• Fanatic
  • Hello there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 02:26:16 pm »
Late Late x 1 (list)

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men!

MaDKilleR

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Hi.
    • View Profile
    • MaDKiLLeR's Site
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 03:26:35 pm »
Happy new year to everyone over here! I hope this year be the best one of your life so far!  :D

- [VU]MaDKiLLeR

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 05:25:33 pm »
Happy new year to everyone over here! I hope this year be the best one of your life so far!  :D

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 05:32:38 pm »
Happy new day
Because new day rocks 8)
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

TheJeanStyles

• Fanatic
  • J<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 07:32:40 pm »

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 08:33:33 pm »
I've literally been checking LW's forum every day for the past week to see whether you've made another New Year post :P Glad you got round to it.

Happy New Year to you too Morph, I hope VU and TRC can help keep the competition alive.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

Eddy

• Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 10:16:36 pm »
Happy new year! :)

TheKing

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • THE KKO OUTTA NOWHERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 10:22:04 pm »
Happy New years mate! And to everyone who keeps this mod going!

ITS THE BIG DOG!

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 10:41:28 pm »
Happy new year ;)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 01:05:21 am »

Credits : KocKex

Casper

• Crazy Man
  • Dark Fighters
    • View Profile
    • DF Clan - Dark Fighters
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 07:12:22 am »
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

aWaIx

• Crazy Man
  • Don't hate me, hate your weakness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 01:55:36 pm »
HNY ::D

Niko

• Crazy Man
  • Arrebatao dando vuelta en la jeepeta🎶
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 09:38:22 am »

Playing since 2012 |EA Admin|LW's Mod|UA Admin|MK CTF Admin|RTV Mod|Omega-DM Manager|VCCNR Head-Admin|OSK Simple DM Admin|VCDC 5|VCDC 6|Vicewar 5|Vicewar 7|Vicewar 8|