March 28, 2024, 08:58:19 am

Author Topic: Betting  (Read 1255 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Betting
« on: July 06, 2015, 03:36:41 am »
So, now that many players use a server that uses a money system (LWs), we thought it would be fun idea to open the opportunity to bet on the players who you think are going to win/lose.

How to bet

Anyone can make any bet, with any stakes. It is other players' choice whether they want to take the bet.

Here are some examples:

[VU]Charley opens up a topic titled: 'Bet on [VU]Veteran'.
Topic body: I would like to bet $15,000 that [VU]Veteran will make it at least to the third stage.
<screenshot included proving that I have $15,000 in LW>

[VU]Stormeus replies: I will take that bet.
<screenshot included proving that [VU]Stormeus has $15,000 in LW>

[VU]Veteran gets knocked out in the first round, so [VU]Charley gives [VU]Stormeus $15,000

[VU]Charley opens a topic titled: 'Bet on [VU]Veteran'.
Topic body: I will give 5:1 odds on [VU]Stormeus making it to the quarter-finals. This means that if you bet $10,000, and [VU]Stormeus gets to the quarter-finals, I will pay you $50,000. If he doesn't, though, you have to pay me $10,000. Players may place a maximum bet of $15,000, and I will not accept betting offers after a total of $50,000 worth of bets are placed.
<screenshot proving that [VU]Charley has a shitload of money, and so can be trusted>

[VU]aXXo replies: I will bet $10,000
<screenshot to prove [VU]aXXo has the money>

[VU]Charley replies: I accept your bet.

[VU]Knucis replies: I will bet $15,000

[VU]Charley replies: I cannot accept your bet until you prove that you have $15,000

[VU]Knucis replies: FU nab

[VU]Stormeus succeeds in reaching the quarter-finals, and [VU]Charley pays [VU]aXXo $50,000. [VU]Knucis gets nothing... NOTHING.

[VU]Charley opens a topic titled: 'Bet on [VU]Thijn's k/d ratio'
Topic body: I would like to bet that [VU]Thijn will have a 3.5 k/d ratio by the end of the tournament. I am seeking 1:5 odds on a bet of $10,000.
<screenshot proving [VU]Charley has $10,000>

[VU]Stormeus replies: Okay, I'll give you 1:5 odds, because it's more likely that Jesus will come again next week than Thijn gets a 3.5 k/d ratio in this tournament. So If you win, I'll pay you $50,000, but if I win, you pay me $10,000.
<screenshot proving [VU]Stormeus has $50,000>

[VU]Charley replies: Yes, you're right, Thijn will never get a 3.5 k/d ratio, but still, I will accept your offer.

[VU]Thijn somehow gets a 3.6 k/d ratio. [VU]Stormeus gives [VU]Charley $50,000 and then spends the next year alone, staring at a wall, questioning himself and the world.

Key points
- You can bet anything, but post proof that you actually possess what you're betting, otherwise no one will accept your bet.
- This is a trust based system. We have no power over the LW money system, this betting is unofficial. Please respect each other and don't try and swindle people.
- Try and be inventive; use your imagination. The three example bets above are quite simple, but you could make them much more elaborate, funny, and interesting.
Funny Funny x 1 Informative Informative x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Betting
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 07:02:41 pm »
I think disabling the Edit button for this board would be good.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 07:15:13 pm »
I think disabling the Edit button for this board would be good.

Done, though betting may be split into its own board if it proves to be too restrictive for general discussion. VCDC admins and board moderators will still be able to edit posts.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

CrImInaL

• Don't Mess Up With Me Or I will Mess you up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 02:08:13 pm »
Wow We Can Bet If We Have Money In LittleWhitey Thats Great I will Bet 10k after earning money
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 2 Friendly Friendly x 1 Useful Useful x 3 Optimistic Optimistic x 3 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)