March 28, 2024, 02:55:13 pm

Author Topic: Remove the FOTHERMUCKIN base intrusion announce  (Read 3093 times)

Marcell

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
Remove the FOTHERMUCKIN base intrusion announce
« on: August 14, 2011, 06:07:06 pm »
DELETE THE MOTHERFUCKING ANNOUNCMENT ABOUT SOMEONE ATTACKING THE BASE!!!

God! In first Vice War I disliked how you could just pickup the base pickup in 0,1 seconds and get killed far away from enemy's base so you still gain like 3 points, but now? The 3 seconds-delay while standing in the ring was enough, was there really a need to add the giant-ass-chat announcments about someone attacking blue/red base? Stealth is very important for such an event, and if blues are dumb enough (im not saying they are, just giving an example, it could be red instead of blues too) to not care about their pickup, someone should be able to stealthily snatch it without even alerting the enemies, unless they see him in the pickup marker. I don't see why script (announcment about someone attacking the base) should be doing player's job (patrol around the base)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:31:25 pm by aXXo »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

aXXo

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Marcell's Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 04:24:56 pm »
Would certainly help the massive spam when more than 1 nab tried to pick the pickup :D
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

ULK.HeAD

• Fanatic
  • the most interesting man in VCMP
    • View Profile
    • ULK Gang
Re: Marcell's Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 04:35:23 pm »
yeah, if we were using multiple bases like axxo suggested, this announcement along with some more time to capture would be necessary, but as it is it's just spammy and never really helped with anything

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Remove the FOTHERMUCKIN base intrusion announce
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:27 am »
I can fix the 2 person standing in a pickup at a time bug for next time. Personally I found the alerts massively helpful, when I was defending and wasn't around the pickup I knew when to rush back.

Writer of excessively long posts

Crossfire|OutlawZ

• Crazy Man
  • Wubba Lubba DUBB DUBBB BIAAAAATCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:00:26 am »
lol yeh, this is like the trumpet alert in AoE when someone attacks, or something like this in any other RTS game.

Klaus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 01:20:42 pm »
Personally I found the alerts massively helpful, when I was defending and wasn't around the pickup I knew when to rush back.
That's why I personally didn't like it, it aided the defenders too much. A good defense team should make sure to have some people watching the pickup who can then alert their teammates if help is necessary.

Squida

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 11:30:55 pm »
Personally I found the alerts massively helpful, when I was defending and wasn't around the pickup I knew when to rush back.
That's why I personally didn't like it, it aided the defenders too much. A good defense team should make sure to have some people watching the pickup who can then alert their teammates if help is necessary.
   that makes a lot of sense

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 01:55:14 am »
Yeah, multiple reds were spamming the chat, lol some even getting mad for placement of the base. I lol'd

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 01:39:31 pm »
Yeah, multiple reds were spamming the chat, lol some even getting mad for placement of the base. I lol'd
heh?

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 02:36:54 pm »
I knew marcell made this topic by seeing the FOTHERMUCKIN  ;D

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

aXXo

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 06:08:00 pm »
I knew marcell made this topic by seeing the FOTHERMUCKIN  ;D
It was me who modified the title :)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 06:32:49 pm »
lolo axxo

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 11:16:01 pm »
heh?

I meant to say that all the reds were going for the cp all at once, causing the chat to spam all kinds of red players having possession of the 3 sec flag wait, really annoying. I lol'd because some of the reds were fighting each other for it, you know team roughousing.

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 08:44:21 pm »
I lol'd because some of the reds were fighting each other for it, you know team roughousing.

I spectated one guy on red who was knocking down a teammate with his stubby just to get the pickup. :thumbsdown:

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real