March 28, 2024, 09:24:50 pm

Author Topic: CTF CLAN MATCH  (Read 9006 times)

Tom

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
CTF CLAN MATCH
« on: August 06, 2015, 09:14:21 pm »
WK CHALLENGES VU

CTF gamemode is the most popular gamemode in VC:MP nowadays. WK offers VU to play a Clan Match in CTF. 8 rounds: four maps from your side, four from ours. Basic regulations can be found here, but if you want to discuss some rules or have a proposition, we are ready to consider it.
This is a wonderful opportunity for VU to feel what REAL ACTION is, to have experience you've never had before.
So what do you think?
Winner Winner x 3 Informative Informative x 7 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Fercho

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: CTF CLAN MATCH
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:17:25 pm »
Count us in, let's discuss the time and something else related to the rules.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:47:44 pm by aXXo »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 12:22:13 pm »
Counter Proposal:
  • Game-Mode
    The game-mode should be Attack/Defense. CTF is something new and interesting, but sadly it has flaws which can result in non-sportsmanship guaranteeing a win. One of the flaws is popularly known as "Parking the Bus" in Football. A team in CTF would tend to defend their base and take a small lead in scores through kills. Once in the lead, they only need to wind up the time and increase their lead with defensive advantage. A/D, on the other hand has no obvious flaws. It is a tried and trusted game-mode.
  • Wall-Glitching
    Now that VC-MP has found a breakthrough to fix GTA:VC's shitty mechanics, there is no reason to go back. I don't even know why would you guys want to allow wall-glitching. It would be better if you explain that yourself.
  • Trust Issues
    We suspect that you guys do not play clean. You may not blatantly use a trainer or a cheat engine, but it is suspected that you guys use mods with minute advantages which accumulate and become OP. No one can prove it, but here is your chance to rubbish all these allegations once and for all. We demand that one of the Russian WK records an entire round of the match and uploads the un-edited video on YouTube.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:05:52 pm by aXXo »
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

Tom

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 02:32:51 pm »
Wait I minute. You don't want to "team in CTF would tend to defend their base" but offer a gamemode which is based on defence? In A/D one of the teams ALWAYS have advantage because of the base and defend order. According to you:
but sadly it has flaws which can result in non-sportsmanship guaranteeing a win.
Besides, CTF is the most popular gamemode nowadays. People play CTF every day, they like it, but nobody plays A/D. Maybe you played A/D in your past, but as you said:
there is no reason to go back

About wallglitching. Current anti-wallglitch system has a lot of flaws. I doesn't work properly. It almost excludes the usage of covers (which is one of the parts of player's skill). I believe, this "system" was implemented only for one noob-oriented server. But if you can't play with wallglitch and INSIST to play without it, we may agree to play without it.

About hacks. Many people from VC:MP (let's be honest, they are far from "good" in terms of gaming level) believe that we use some kind of hacks. Nobody can prove it, nobody can say what exactly it is, but they believe there is some mysterious ultra-hack that does all the work instead of you. That's ridiculous, but that's the reality we used to. It's something normal for us being called "hackers".
Talking about game recording. We're doing it for years already. But there are people like Yuri, 210W or Morphine who can't record. So, according to your logic, they probably use something.
Agree Agree x 7 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 04:06:01 pm »
Gamemode

In A/D one of the teams ALWAYS have advantage because of the base and defend order.
In A/D teams attack and defend in rounds. It is a turn based game like Chess, where both team get a fair chance to Attack and Defend the same base.
In CTF the attack and defence is simultaneous. You only need the first kill, then you can choose to camp in your base for the entire round.

It is obvious that the team defending an area will always have an advantage. A/D offers the advantage in rounds to both teams. In CTF, a team exploits that advantage in each round, hence the outcome is mostly dependent on the first mistake.

CTF is popular because of the quick respawn and fluent gameplay. An average VCMP kid is impatient and doesnt want to wait for 15 minutes on each death.

I personally prefer CTF for daily gaming. But when the debate is about an organized Clan War, I prefer A/D. I believe I am being reasonable enough to convince you.

Wall-Glitching
I'm glad we come to terms regarding this.

Trust Issues
I believe that you guys don't use a hack that does everything for you. But I want you to convince me that you are as good as you appear when playing 100% clean on a Vanilla game. The whole VCMP community would like to see your screen while you kick ass to believe that.
We want only one of the players to record an entire round. It can be anybody among Uji, Tom, 2low, Xyu.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:06:14 pm by aXXo »
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 08:32:07 pm »
asslickers gonna take part too? :D
Funny Funny x 4 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Tom

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 05:56:38 pm »
Well, aXXo, your post shows that you have a little experience in CTF. Your opinion is based on some kind of theoretical thoughts which are far from reality.
Practice shows that camping isn't the most effective strategy in CTF. It can be effective only in certain situations. For example, look at . As you can see, both teams try to attack (but still, hangar is a good place to defend, isn't it?).

I'm glad we come to terms regarding this.
So we are going to play without wallglitch, right?

Talking about video. Well, we provide records you want.
Useful Useful x 1 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 07:30:42 pm »
I'm sorry to meddle in, but I'd just like to say the the "Parking the bus" scenario is not as easy as it sounds. I can assure that every single base has a possible counter to it, even bases in closed spaces like the biker bar, pharmacy, etc...  I've made sure of that myself. However I can understand that non-regular players might disagree, because it takes time to find out about the weaknesses of each base. I guess this can be said for A/D bases aswell though.

I'd recommend enabling the minimap markers as some non-regular players might not know each bases' location. I'd also recommend allowing all the weapon packs as each one was made specifically to balance the gamemode and to counter each base. But anyway, this is up for both clans to decide, not me.

If the clanwar is to happen on the CTF server these links might useful:

Available weapon packs
Available bases There's like 5 bases or so missing on that list, but most bases are there. (feel free to PM me on IRC if you'd like to see the other bases that are missing from the list)
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 01:05:03 pm »
So we are going to play without wallglitch, right?

Yes, Wall-Glitching won't be allowed.
The video seems fair. I have scratched off the 3rd proposal.

Your input is appreciated NewK. We will check out different CTF maps and bases and update accordingly.

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 09:59:58 pm »

All I got out of that video is

[DnA]Milko: This is boring
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:31:02 am by stormeus »
Agree Agree x 5 (list)

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 01:25:29 pm »
Majority of our clan members voted against the CTF game-mode.
It has to be A/D.

Why does WK outright refuse to play on A/D? I'd appreciate if you share your views about A/D, like I did for CTF.

Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Tom

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 03:26:22 pm »
Well, I think A/D proposition was made only for avoiding CTF clan match against us and save your faces.
Actually, I don't want to get involved in some kind of verbal war about A/D. We just have different ways of thinking and understanding the game and probably won't come to a common denominator.
If it happens that you want to play at CTF on team vs team level, we are open to your offers.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 05:44:12 am »
Actually, I don't want to get involved in some kind of verbal war about A/D.

It's not a verbal war, it's called a 'discussion'.

I know many people here struggle with this concept, so I've gone ahead and looked up a dictionary definition for everyone to peruse.

dis·cus·sion
dəˈskəSH(ə)n/

noun: the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas; a conversation or debate about a certain topic; a detailed treatment of a particular topic in speech or writing.

synonyms: conversation, talk, dialogue, discourse, conference, debate, exchange of views, consultation, deliberation, examination, exploration, analysis, study.

I hope this is useful.
Funny Funny x 3 Winner Winner x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 5 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 09:11:47 am »
Actually, I don't want to get involved in some kind of verbal war about A/D.

It's not a verbal war, it's called a 'discussion'.

I know many people here struggle with this concept, so I've gone ahead and looked up a dictionary definition for everyone to peruse.

dis·cus·sion
dəˈskəSH(ə)n/

noun: the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas; a conversation or debate about a certain topic; a detailed treatment of a particular topic in speech or writing.

synonyms: conversation, talk, dialogue, discourse, conference, debate, exchange of views, consultation, deliberation, examination, exploration, analysis, study.

I hope this is useful.

Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 2 Funny Funny x 4 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 06:41:10 am »
19th or 20th September.