login
March 28, 2024, 11:49:32 am

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 23319 times)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Questions
« on: November 21, 2017, 10:50:36 pm »
-If you have any questions regarding the upcoming event, please ask in this topic.
You may post in foreign languages.

French
-Si vous avez une question où plus à propos de l'événement, posez la içi, et aussi, soyez libre à choisir la langue du commentaire lequel vous avez écrire.

Arabic
 .اذا كان يدور في ذهنك اي سؤال حول المناسبة القادمة اكتبه هنا. Ùˆ اشعر بالحرية التامة بالتعبير عن سؤالك ولو كان باللغة الاجنبية-

Spanish
-Si tú tienes alguna pregunta relacionada con este evento, hazla aquí.

Urdu/Hindi
-Agar apko koi b pareshaani ya koi sawal hai iss event kay baray mai, ap idar post kar saktay hai.
Ap sawal Urdu mei b pooch sakte hai

Turkish
-Yakın zamanda gerçekleşecek eventle ilgili sorularınız varsa lütfen bu başlıkta sorun.
Ä°stediÄŸiniz dilde soru sorabilirsiniz.

Only Staff Members are allowed to answer the questions.
If you answer a question in some other language, translate the entire thing in English as well.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Saim

• Vice Underdog Rookie
  • Crazy Man
  • Life is Torment
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 04:08:26 pm »
A rally bike is a custom bike, which bears your gang's logo/emblem on a flag.
The rally bikes enables you to perform a Drive-By with SMG weapons.
The rally bikes grants you /heal bonus.
Each team starts with one rally bike, which spawns at the Biker Bar in Downtown.
When you capture a base, you gain an additional rally bike which spawns in that base. The bike gets removed if you lose the base.
You can not enter rally bikes of other teams.

can you elaborate about this in Urdu language?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

"All hope is gone"

Credits to me

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 06:30:11 pm »
har gang ke paas shuru se ek special bike hogi. Ye baaki Freeways se alag dikhegi. Bike pe tumhare gang ka jhandda laga hoga. Iss bike pe tum:
- Drive By kar sakte ho.
- /heal command free mein use kar sakte ho.

Tum doosri teams ki rally bike pe nahi baith sakte.
Ye saari bikes Biker Bar pe spawn hogi. Agar tum koi base capture karte ho, toh ek aur bike wahan base pe bhi aa jaygi. Jab tak base tumhare control mein hai, woh bike use kar sakte ho. Agar base koi aur capture kar gaya, toh bike gaayab ho jaaygi.

Each gang will initially have a special bike, called a Rally bike. This bike will look different from a regular Freeway. It will have a flag of your gang. These bikes have special abilities:
- Ability to drive by.
- /heal command will have no cost.

You can not enter the rally bikes of other gangs.
All the gang's bikes spawn at Biker Bar. If your gang captures a base, you gain an additional bike which spawns in that base. You can use that bike as long as your gang controls the base. If an enemy captures the base, your bike disappears and respawns at the base as the enemy's bikes.
Funny Funny x 4 Informative Informative x 1 Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

Xyu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 07:11:24 pm »
Why there's no limit of players at the moment of time in Biker's Gangs?
That's because you want to win by outnumbered amount of players in VU's gang, right?
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 3 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 07:35:53 pm »
Why there's no limit of players at the moment of time in Biker's Gangs?
That's because you want to win by outnumbered amount of players in VU's gang, right?
Yes, I believe having the biggest team increases our chances of winning. Though, I'm sure you can pack a lot of guys from your [XTM]-slave-streltsy army.
However, this can be countered by packing more Quality instead of Quantity. A big team will suffer from the Causalities disadvantages. A smaller team would not reach 200 deaths every hour. This feature has been added so that smaller teams stand a chance in terms of points even if they are outnumbered.
Casualties
  • The number of deaths in your team per hour is called Casualties.
  • This count is reset to 0 after every hour.
  • If casualties increases above 200, your gang suffers certain disadvantages.
  • Disadvantage: The number of points gained by bases is halved.
  • Disadvantage: The cash generated by bases is halved.
  • Disadvantage: The cash generated by kills is halved.
  • Disadvantage: No spree bonuses are granted.

The numbers above can be changed, so I'm open to suggestions.
Funny Funny x 6 Pwnt Pwnt x 9 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

SpiralRock

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 08:01:48 pm »

AOE 3 Ruskie Strelets rush + 1 free Reindeer.
Funny Funny x 8 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 08:03:18 pm »
is that the rocky mountains map?

#Wr#blix#

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 09:27:29 pm »
Imo adding more than two teams is a needless change really. Im quite sure majority of the community still prefers a classic dm between two teams.

About being outnumbered it's not really a problem as long as killing others is the only way to gain points and with the current scoring system
[cp providing 30 points per min wtf] it will be actually all about quantity really. I would suggest to change it ???
Agree Agree x 11 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 10:14:33 pm »
Imo adding more than two teams is a needless change really. Im quite sure majority of the community still prefers a classic dm between two teams.

About being outnumbered it's not really a problem as long as killing others is the only way to gain points and with the current scoring system
[cp providing 30 points per min wtf] it will be actually all about quantity really. I would suggest to change it ???

While I agree that it is a needless change at heart, nothing ventured nothing gained. After 6 installments of the same 2 team system, we decided to investigate how would a dynamic number of teams play out with everyone competing to rise to the top.

I know some people of the community don't like either sides but just go with the side that opposes who you hate the most. If they had their way, they would rather prove their elitism in a purer fashion by having their own controlled group. If you hate all, in this edition, we grant you access to kill all (providing you can group with 4 other like minded people minimum).

The CP, we can look into that, not sure what direction aXXo would want to go with it but the aim is to essentially make it so that whether you make a gigantic group or you just work with the minimum, everyone attending has a fighting chance to win. We don't want any hopeless scenarios, that's counterproductive.

Informative Informative x 1 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 11:57:16 pm »
This is something that is not possible to change, since it has been committed to a full extent. However, it is quite possible that we might end up with 2 teams :D

I have had people requesting a separate team in the previous seasons. Currently, there is a lot of conflict in the community, where in A doesn't want to team with B + C, B doesn't want to team with A and C hates everyone. So, now they have the chance to make their own team and control who joins it(karan, where the fuck is your anti-pak team).

You have a valid point. Lets re-validate the value to have a balance between points by kills == points by bases.

Last time, we roughly had 24k kills = 24,000 points. We also had around 5000 points made by sprees, so lets round it off to 30,000 points in 1440 minutes, that is 20.8 points per minute through kills.
Divide that by 2(since we had two teams), so 10.4 points per team.
At 30 points per minute, 6 bases could generate maximum 259,200 in 1440 minutes.
Since we have more than 2 teams, there would be more people shooting at you and to shoot at, so kills are expected to be higher.
Mass of electron being 9.10938356 × 10-31 kilograms and Speed of light, 299,792,458 m/s, the DT district will offer more kills due to lack of cover and everyone being very used to mass DM fests in DT.
e=mc2 vagina, the points per minute for bases could be 20. What do you think?

PS: The Wolf Pack is looking for talented drive by bikers. Visit here
Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 1 Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

SpiralRock

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 12:44:48 pm »
This is something that is not possible to change, since it has been committed to a full extent. However, it is quite possible that we might end up with 2 teams :D

I have had people requesting a separate team in the previous seasons. Currently, there is a lot of conflict in the community, where in A doesn't want to team with B + C, B doesn't want to team with A and C hates everyone. So, now they have the chance to make their own team and control who joins it(karan, where the fuck is your anti-pak team).

You have a valid point. Lets re-validate the value to have a balance between points by kills == points by bases.

Last time, we roughly had 24k kills = 24,000 points. We also had around 5000 points made by sprees, so lets round it off to 30,000 points in 1440 minutes, that is 20.8 points per minute through kills.
Divide that by 2(since we had two teams), so 10.4 points per team.
At 30 points per minute, 6 bases could generate maximum 259,200 in 1440 minutes.
Since we have more than 2 teams, there would be more people shooting at you and to shoot at, so kills are expected to be higher.
Mass of electron being 9.10938356 × 10-31 kilograms and Speed of light, 299,792,458 m/s, the DT district will offer more kills due to lack of cover and everyone being very used to mass DM fests in DT.
e=mc2 vagina, the points per minute for bases could be 20. What do you think?

PS: The Wolf Pack is looking for talented drive by bikers. Visit here
Wtf
Now convert it in Urdu...
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

#Wr#blix#

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 05:54:30 pm »
After 6 installments of the same 2 team system, we decided to investigate how would a dynamic number of teams play out with everyone competing to rise to the top.
Not sure if we can treat this event as a test since it takes place only once in a year and it seems like there are more guys around
who doesnt really like this idea (i'm not the only weirdo this time nice). But well I can give it a try why not (ofc not because u said u cant change it :D).
But not with this scoring system.

I just dont get aXXXXXXo's reasoning about cp's providing additional points at all. As you said you expect number of kills
to be significantly higher and it will surely be if this event takes place so why would we need these points anyway?

The CP, we can look into that, not sure what direction aXXo would want to go with it but the aim is to essentially make it so that whether you make a gigantic group or you just work with the minimum, everyone attending has a fighting chance to win. We don't want any hopeless scenarios, that's counterproductive.

The current scoring system will inevitably lead to such a scenario.
Even if CPs provided like 10 points per min gang or gangs that will notably outnumber
others will get most of these points- in this case most out of 86400 which is still ridiculous number lol. Smaller teams may lose by tens of thousand points.
I think this could be too much even if there would be just 2 teams as well.

Making it all about kills should wipe out all differences in numbers and will be fair enough for every team and everyone this is how i see it.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 06:48:52 pm »
i actually agree with waldo here, I opted for kills being the only source of points from the start, and making unique emphasis such as perks for given amount of kills or spree. unfortunately I was misunderstood and the perks were added as disadvantages to dying a lot.

a good compromise would be scratching the cp system and adding a target radius bases, similar to battlefield. e.g. if team A has 4 people on the base radius, and team B has 5, team A needs to neutralize 2 players in the base in order to capture. seems like a unique game changer to me

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

SpiralRock

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 07:29:56 pm »
Scenario 1. Team A gets 100 kills more than team B. Team A never spawns again...
Scenario 2. Blips are off, Team A is smoking joint in ocean beach while the VW was about DT.

I guess now you understand why bases are important with the points. And ffs point system is same for all the teams, form your team accordingly. Remember VW5 had trucks to drive back to bases and it was all cool too.
Agree Agree x 5 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 07:33:26 pm »
A points trickle for capturing objectives is needed. In Vicewar 3, one team built a lead and refused to spawn anymore. The opposite team could not earn any points since there was no one to kill. To prevent it from happening again, every edition of Vice War had a points reward for capturing and holding bases.

Kills can not be the sole source of points. Since they are directly impacted by the availability of an enemy. Objectives need to grant points as well. How much? Discuss.
Agree Agree x 5 (list)