April 20, 2024, 05:54:26 am

Author Topic: Sniper behavior in VC:MP (and more)  (Read 14568 times)

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper behavior in VC:MP (and more)
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 07:19:49 pm »

I just want my shots to synch properly when i play against chrome shotgun glitcher. I dont want any weapon to be modified.
git gud scrub.

Funny Funny x 7 Winner Winner x 2 Pwnt Pwnt x 5 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 09:14:30 pm »
I'm also aware that this removes some flexibility from the combat system — glitching has been a way of adding variety to multiplayer combat when the game's regular combat system is rigid and lacking in some features.
Ok so now not only you'll have to deal with 0.3 players complaints, expect hordes of 0.4 players whining soon :P

Well I can't seem to find the post but I remember long ago you posted somewhere that by the way the synchro works you can "either have consistent low ping sync or consistent high ping sync not both" (or something along the line).

So as I see it right now, having played very few times with high ping against low ping (south american host), I noticed sync in combat is still good, while spending the rest of the time spent on low ping instead I can't help but notice sync isn't really good even with other players with low ping.

Let's sum it up this way:

Lo vs Lo = bad (even on two local host instances sync is hella awful)
Lo vs Hi = bad
Hi vs Hi = gud
Hi vs Lo = gud

Couldn't it be the opposite instead? I mean alright I see that the majority of VC:MP players have high ping but shouldn't such a condition be a disadvantage instead of making you less hittable?
Agree Agree x 2 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

kennedy

• Fanatic
  • American Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 09:25:11 pm »
You have to take into account the Spaz, this weapon is bugged when the player is crouched and wants to shoot rafagas, happens to be doing the anim but not always leave your bullets

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 09:59:39 pm »
Lo vs Hi = bad
Hi vs Lo = gud
How could Lo vs Hi be bad and Hi vs Lo be good. They are the same thing  ;D

Hi vs Hi = gud
Nig' you high on some good shit.  O0
Funny Funny x 8 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 10:21:32 pm »
I personally like how the new update has affected sliding, so kudos on that.

One problem, in my view, is not with a player being able to move away from a shot too fast, it's with the animations being synced correctly when he does so.

Good fighting here is all about prediction. A jittery ping or high FPS can often lead to fucked up animations (I'm just talking about running, walking and jumping here - leaving aside shot-sync for now). If I play a high pinger who has a solid connection and high fps, it's not such a problem to kill him, because I can see all of his animations, I can see where he's going and what he's doing. Someone with low FPS or jittery ping, however, presents far more of a challenge.

Am I correct in thinking this is perhaps theoretically an impossible issue to solve? Is it the case that low-FPSers will be sending fewer anim packets thereby skipping some, and that jittery-pingers might be sending them, but there is no way that they can be received? If I'm wrong and there is some sort of solution, then that would be great.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 10:52:07 pm »
You can kill a high ping player more easily than killing a guy whose FPS is low. I agree with Charley, we can see the anims of a high ping player better than low FPS player. Killing a high ping player is difficult but killing a low FPS player is impossible(unhitabble).
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 11:00:49 pm »
Lo vs Hi = bad
Hi vs Lo = gud
How could Lo vs Hi be bad and Hi vs Lo be good. They are the same thing  ;D

Hi vs Hi = gud
Nig' you high on some good shit.  O0
Nie, I'm talking about perspective, if you're a low ping player playing against high ping then you're fucked. While if you find yourself in the opposite situation, then you're the advantaged one.

... dude want some skunk?  O0
Winner Winner x 2 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

kennedy

• Fanatic
  • American Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 02:31:22 am »
Code: [Select]
[-] x [+] = [-]
[+] x [-] = [-]
[+] x [+] = [+]
[-] x [-] = [+]
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Kelvin

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Miami Killers
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2017, 10:13:09 am »
git gud scrub

Thats funny. I killed you hundreds of times.You killed me a few times during VW and so you can make a video of me getting killed. Keep going like this you dumb.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 2 Pwnt Pwnt x 3 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 11:27:23 am »
Quote from: PunkNoodle
Lo vs Lo = bad (even on two local host instances sync is hella awful)

???

Quote from: PunkNoodle
but shouldn't such a condition be a disadvantage instead of making you less hittable?

With the current way VCMP 'networking' works, that's impossible. Maybe if a rework happens to mimic the way Valve games work, but the chance of that happening is close to none.

BeaTz_

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 02:15:37 pm »
git gud scrub

Thats funny. I killed you hundreds of times.You killed me a few times during VW and so you can make a video of me getting killed. Keep going like this you dumb.
http://vw6.viceunderdogs.com/search?player=MK.Kelvin
That's cute mate. Not even one kill on Kakarot. Ggwp
Winner Winner x 5 (list)

Kelvin

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Miami Killers
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2017, 03:06:32 pm »
git gud scrub

http://vw6.viceunderdogs.com/search?player=MK.Kelvin
That's cute mate. Not even one kill on Kakarot. Ggwp

I meant my whole VC:MP career(not sure if this is the right word).But thats okay since you arent capable enough to understand this.
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2017, 06:53:44 pm »
Are you satisfied with the current deathmatch experience? What are the upsides, if any?
What are your concerns about the current state of deathmatch?
What would you want to see added to the combat system, if anything?

1. Yes, wide variety of unique opponents.
2. Laggers
3. Less laggers warping around with glitches.
Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

koray

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2017, 08:35:34 pm »
I will have some of my concerns about the dm but first I really like to know something.

Can you explain in full depth the way how client and the server keeps themselves updated in VC-MP servers?How often is that  happening during in-game?Is the "packet loss" actually reliable ?

Halchter

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2017, 10:17:40 pm »
add kevlar and helmet for shotgun players O0
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 1 Useful Useful x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)