login
April 25, 2024, 01:29:12 pm

Author Topic: Betting  (Read 2279 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Betting
« on: June 07, 2017, 10:00:39 am »

Step right up, step right up. Who's going to win? Who's going to have a 0.2 K/D ratio, who's going to be undefeated in the group stages? Wanna place some money on it? Win money, lose money, make money!

Now that players use servers that have money systems (LWs, EC, EA etc.), we can open the championship to betting, and offer everyone a chance to earn some in-game cash as the matches are played.

How to bet

Anyone can make any bet, with any stakes. It is other players' choice whether they want to take the bet.

Here are some examples:

Code: [Select]
[VU]Charley opens up a topic titled: 'Bet on [VU]Veteran'.
Topic body: I would like to bet $15,000 that [VU]Veteran will make it at least to the third stage.
<screenshot included proving that I have $15,000 in LW>

[VU]Stormeus replies: I will take that bet.
<screenshot included proving that [VU]Stormeus has $15,000 in LW>

[VU]Veteran gets knocked out in the first round, so [VU]Charley gives [VU]Stormeus $15,000

[VU]Charley opens a topic titled: 'Bet on [VU]Veteran'.
Topic body: I will give 5:1 odds on [VU]Stormeus making it to the quarter-finals. This means that if you bet $10,000, and [VU]Stormeus gets to the quarter-finals, I will pay you $50,000. If he doesn't, though, you have to pay me $10,000. Players may place a maximum bet of $15,000, and I will not accept betting offers after a total of $50,000 worth of bets are placed.
<screenshot proving that [VU]Charley has a shitload of money, and so can be trusted>

[VU]aXXo replies: I will bet $10,000
<screenshot to prove [VU]aXXo has the money>

[VU]Charley replies: I accept your bet.

[VU]Knucis replies: I will bet $15,000

[VU]Charley replies: I cannot accept your bet until you prove that you have $15,000

[VU]Knucis replies: FU nab

[VU]Stormeus succeeds in reaching the quarter-finals, and [VU]Charley pays [VU]aXXo $50,000. [VU]Knucis gets nothing... NOTHING.

[VU]Charley opens a topic titled: 'Bet on [VU]Thijn's k/d ratio'
Topic body: I would like to bet that [VU]Thijn will have a 3.5 k/d ratio by the end of the tournament. I am seeking 1:5 odds on a bet of $10,000.
<screenshot proving [VU]Charley has $10,000>

[VU]Stormeus replies: Okay, I'll give you 1:5 odds, because it's more likely that Jesus will come again next week than Thijn gets a 3.5 k/d ratio in this tournament. So If you win, I'll pay you $50,000, but if I win, you pay me $10,000.
<screenshot proving [VU]Stormeus has $50,000>

[VU]Charley replies: Yes, you're right, Thijn will never get a 3.5 k/d ratio, but still, I will accept your offer.

[VU]Thijn somehow gets a 3.6 k/d ratio. [VU]Stormeus gives [VU]Charley $50,000 and then spends the next year alone, staring at a wall, questioning himself and the world.

Key points
  • You can bet anything, but it's a good idea to post proof that you actually possess what you're betting.
  • This is a trust based system. We have no power over the servers' money systems, this betting is unofficial. Please respect each other and don't try and swindle people.
  • Try and be inventive; use your imagination. The three example bets above are quite simple, but you could make them much more elaborate, funny, and interesting.

Here's a good example of slightly complex betting by Klaus.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:02:27 am by Charley »
Funny Funny x 6 Useful Useful x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Betting
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 04:06:38 pm »

BRING IT ON! >:D
Winner Winner x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 12:51:42 pm »
i bet 1 million dollars at LW on me being group A chempo how much would i get? or whats the limit?
id like to have 1:20 odds in case i do it but lets discuss it
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:59:15 pm by JuaN. »

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 01:09:13 pm »
Do you have 1mil 20mil dollars? There's no limit, as long as you and anyone who takes your bet can pay. 1:20 you'd have to find someone with 20mil 1mil dollars who thinks you won't be group A champ, which is a bit unlikely.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 01:32:07 pm by Charley »

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 01:17:25 pm »
:/
yea i have 1 m but anyway ill reduce it to 100k, ill do 1:5 agaisnt me, who wants to bet? bet it yourself charley dont be silly ;L
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 01:31:29 pm »
I don't even have $1 in LW, let alone $500,000 :D

Sorry I got confused. You need at least $500k to make that bet, and someone else needs just $100k to take it.

You might want to make a new topic declaring the bet.

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 01:45:55 pm »
Going to bet 500k(LWs & EC both) on [SS]Freak that he'll be on top in his Group.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:00:16 pm by Sevrin »
Agree Agree x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 04:50:01 pm »
Going to bet 500k(LWs & EC both) on [SS]Freak that he'll be on top in his Group.

Read the topic again, this is not how you make a bet.

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 01:25:25 am »
i would of liked to rape krystianoo 1v1 on VCDC but it wasnt possible since he didnt join the tourny, noori's nightmare is too long it seems

PD: you're bragging SS could beat anyone but show it by yourself motherfucker do 1v1 duels and show that you're the best not your clan like, ashay ajet koray and noori did in the last 4 VCDC seasons, why didnt you join? you've got 2 free slots now
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:33:15 am by JuaN. »
Funny Funny x 4 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 11:20:37 am »
i would of liked to rape krystianoo 1v1 on VCDC but it wasnt possible since he didnt join the tourny, noori's nightmare is too long it seems

PD: you're bragging SS could beat anyone but show it by yourself motherfucker do 1v1 duels and show that you're the best not your clan like, ashay ajet koray and noori did in the last 4 VCDC seasons, why didnt you join? you've got 2 free slots now

Funny Funny x 6 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Informative Informative x 1 Late Late x 1 (list)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 03:43:57 am »

"You may or may not know a player by the name of krystianoo. We've heard lots about him, and have heard lots from him, including but not limited to his blog that recently hit the surface thanks to a certain few people.

After having read his blog, my initial reaction was disappointment, anger and a will to screw this guy's head off. After having read what XXXXX had to say about him, however, in particular the fact that the guy takes Diazepam (more commonly known as Valium) pills because of the inflow and outflow of emotions he experiences in the game we all play to this day, I have one simple request of all of you - if it does come down to the point where you, for one reason or another, will end up talking to krystianoo, please treat him with respect, or at least pretend to. This may sound extremely ironic coming from me, but I am dead serious.

The guy is mentally not well. Treat him accordingly. " may 2016
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:09:21 am by JuaN. »
Funny Funny x 5 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 12:36:35 pm »

"You may or may not know a player by the name of krystianoo. We've heard lots about him, and have heard lots from him, including but not limited to his blog that recently hit the surface thanks to a certain few people.

After having read his blog, my initial reaction was disappointment, anger and a will to screw this guy's head off. After having read what XXXXX had to say about him, however, in particular the fact that the guy takes Diazepam (more commonly known as Valium) pills because of the inflow and outflow of emotions he experiences in the game we all play to this day, I have one simple request of all of you - if it does come down to the point where you, for one reason or another, will end up talking to krystianoo, please treat him with respect, or at least pretend to. This may sound extremely ironic coming from me, but I am dead serious.

The guy is mentally not well. Treat him accordingly. " may 2016

Apr 22 15:24:10 <[SS]Eddy>   I know you had some beef with juan? (maybe) but he doesn't want to be on TRC anymore since they are doing a lot of bad stuff and also they are allied with WK the thing is that juan is interested in SS and he wants to join, need to know what u say man
Apr 22 15:25:30 <[SS]Eddy>   he said
Apr 22 15:25:35 <[SS]Eddy>   he dont't want any problem
Apr 22 15:25:37 <[SS]Eddy>   with you
Apr 22 15:26:08 <[SS]Eddy>   and he said he did an error joining trc bro
Apr 22 15:26:12 <[SS]Eddy>   u black heart
Apr 22 15:26:13 <[SS]Eddy>   put
Apr 22 15:26:16 <[SS]Eddy>   final opinion
Apr 22 15:26:16 <[SS]Eddy>   D:

**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Sun Apr 23 08:23:05 2017

[juanvcx has address asdddsd@lu-2i9tkd.user.ono.com]
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   eddy told me to talk with you
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   i know i might have crossed the line by talking about you and pills shit
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   actually you also made fun out of soem close rl death ihad years ago
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   i dont care anymore about it
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   ive told eddy im not gonna asslick you or anything
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   just say no hard feelings
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   i just didnt liek the way you acted while i was on trc
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   we were both in dna at the same time but i barely played
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   i dont know you from the past either
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   nor your problems with trc
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   i know you dont like wk i dont either
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   thats all i got to say
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   tell eddy i did talk to u
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   he just told me " pm krystianoo"
Apr 23 08:23:05 <juanvcx>   thats what i did
**** ENDING LOGGING AT Sun Apr 23 09:56:47 2017

- april 2017
Funny Funny x 4 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 12:52:11 pm »
nice

why are we playing a dick measuring contest with confidential information though?

are you all completely out of your fucking minds?

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 12:52:48 pm »
nice

why are we playing a dick measuring contest with confidential information though?

i didn't start thx

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 12:58:33 pm »
nice

i didn't start thx

'he started it!!!!!'

argumentation of a fucking 8 year old

you could've been the bigger man and kept it at what it was, but seemingly that is proving to be very difficult for you
Agree Agree x 3 (list)