April 19, 2024, 08:29:02 pm

Author Topic: XE  (Read 34679 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: XE
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2016, 06:23:46 pm »

...the point of view of Current XE Staff Members. Honestly, I see some hope for a collaboration between you and aki, but the way things have gone by, I feel they have been totally disrespectful and displeasing to the current XE staff members to say the least.

The current staff members feel completely ripped off for they have proven their worth in the past and earned their places into the staff via election system (I can assure you that not even single one of them were appointed directly by the management and on top of that they went through a evaluation under my and krys' management wherein the inactive and non caring people were totally demoted)

Let's be clear, the 'current active' staff we are talking about are: George, Aki, White, Nilz, Riders, Razor, Fercho, Zatch and Honor.

I trust and like almost all of these people, and as I said before:

I'd be more than happy to give Aki or anyone from the old staff team a chance,

Any of the old staff can apply, and they will be welcomed in.

But, and there is a but, there are other factors to consider. You seem like an intelligent guy Blurry, and Krystiano is too, but I don't really know either of you that well. I've seen in the past how Krystiano can be very hot-headed, he can go crazy, and so I'm apprehensive to trust his judgement 100%. I don't know whether to trust yours either, and unless White has had a brain transplant, I'm fairly sure that I can't trust his. So I am open to collaboration and conversation, but I do have my limits. And they're not arbitrary limits related to personal preference, they're limits I impose based on what I see as a necessary challenge to the current system.

Furthermore, I feel they must remain a part of staff in future automatically not just because of the things I stated above but also because of their enthusiasm and interest in this whole thing. It has been a year since XE went completely dysfunctional and yet they show the same amount of enthusiasm as earlier into reviving XE, that in itself is commendable.

That is commendable, but the reality is, in your year of trying, neither they nor you have successfully revived XE. You may be very nice people with good intentions, but you have failed, and are continuing to fail. I say this not as an insult, but as a matter of fact.

they feel since the apps were made on VU forums it makes zero sense to them.

I would think this makes obvious sense, but let me explain why it was this way. 1) The VU forums is much more active, its exposure to the community is much higher than the XE forums these days, and so it is possible to reach out to more people. 2) If I went into the XE forum and started acting like I have, my posts would be deleted and I would be banned. I can't go into a forum where I have no administrative rights, and there is already an admin applications board, and then open a new staff application thread, can I? 3) I opened up this thread and gave people a chance to air their opinions on this matter a full 10 days before I opened up the staff applications. The reception was positive. If the 'current' staff are so active and opposed, then they have no excuse for not taking the opportunity to voice their opinions and object. I cannot be blamed for their inactivity or lack of will to engage. Again, this is not an insult, it is just a fact: the current staff are not really that active, they are not engaging in conversation.

Edit:- that last sentence is not fair, actually. Zatch, Honor and Fercho have posted, but they all seem to have appeared quite neutral - neither positive nor negative. Honor especially should be thanked for his input into this conversation. But where are the others?

but I request you to lock the apps. thread and declare all selections made as "invalid" immediately otherwise in my opinion I think there's very little chance that the talks for collaboration will ever take place.

You will notice that I haven't accepted or denied any apps since I paused development. However, I am keeping the thread open so that people who are interested can show their interest, and their apps can be decided on at a later date. There have been more people in that thread alone trying to help the server than there have been on the XE forum for months, and the more there are, the better.

Keeping that thread open is giving the community a voice, and what they're saying is that they're ready for this and that they're sick of waiting.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 08:04:21 pm by Charley »
Agree Agree x 4 Disagree Disagree x 2 Pwnt Pwnt x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

Zatch

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Night City
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2016, 03:13:52 am »
Just to be clear.
Hello again. I've been reading all the posts of this thread in these days so in my opinion i agree with charley but i didn't reply because i was waiting for the last reply of some of my staff mates. I guess we finished discussing the main topic in our private section so please i'd be glad if you wait for the last reply to verify the fact.
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

honor

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2016, 08:08:57 pm »
Edit:- that last sentence is not fair, actually. Zatch, Honor and Fercho have posted, but they all seem to have appeared quite neutral - neither positive nor negative. Honor especially should be thanked for his input into this conversation. But where are the others?

Thank you,but i was quite positive on my posts

Fercho

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2016, 09:28:56 pm »
By the way, I'm here for everything needed. I haven't made a long post because the main points were already raised by my fellows from the staff team. However, something that came to annoy me specially (and the other members I guess) were the hasty actions taken without consent and / or without a primary discussion with us. Besides, the admin applications that if I'm not mistaken, you accepted without a group discussion about each applicant and giving random ranks without a thorough investigation of the applicant and without enough facts and background that might help to. It's all about mutual communication between the revival allies (Drake and you) and the XE existing staff team that could give their opinion.

Anyways, now that everything has been clarified and there is a huge possibility to make a equal collaboration, everything seems fine. Personally, I like almost every single suggestion that you have made to the new system, ranks, etc. For now, we're just waiting for Aki's post that has been discussed among the Staff Team. Whatever he says, is on behalf of us.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2016, 10:27:32 pm »
However, something that came to annoy me specially (and the other members I guess) were the hasty actions taken without consent and / or without a primary discussion with us. Besides, the admin applications that if I'm not mistaken, you accepted without a group discussion about each applicant and giving random ranks without a thorough investigation of the applicant and without enough facts and background that might help to.

Yes, I completely understand, and I apologise. Given the lack of response to this thread in its first 10 days, I was under the impression that the XE staff had given up. I was clearly wrong about this. As for the applications that I have accepted, for each of them I have a very particular reason or set of reasons, and I'd be happy to discuss these. Part of the reason I did so without discussion, and I don't regret this entirely, is because I am interested in moving this thing along with some speed. I will have a think about how we can redress this problem, and once we have the fundamental principles about how to move forward agreed upon, suggest it. Automatically invalidating all of the accepted applications would not be constructive, in my view, but certainly we can consider each of them and come to some sort of joint understanding.

Thank you,but i was quite positive on my posts

I'm glad to hear that. I had taken your posts to be more neutrally facilitative than as supporting of either side of any arguments.
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

aki

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2016, 01:51:17 am »
Yes, apologies for the delay - will try to respond within 24 hours. We have been discussing internally among the current staff though. Also, I've been online on IRC all day today - will try to be online for a while tomorrow as well if anyone would like to discuss. Thanks.
Informative Informative x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2016, 08:10:24 pm »
Maybe it would be best to agree about a fixed date and time for all staff members to meet on IRC. I'm sure both aki and Charley are busy people (And many of the staff members, ofc) so taking the time to go on IRC while it's just a guess if people are online isn't worthwhile.

(I personally don't really wanna get into this debate, I just like to give a suggestion that I think might benefit you all)
Agree Agree x 4 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2016, 08:49:26 pm »
Dear Charleycartoon;

This is an issue that really caught my attention, since seeing all the arguments published by some people seems pathetic and completely out of context. Honestly, most people here have not the slightest idea what the server was in his time.

To begin with, let's be honest, there's no longer an opportunity for a similar or possibly equal server like XE, this server had it's lifetime, it's era of glory and potentially, at some point in history the best server created and managed by an excellent and well distributed administration. There is currently a server which already took that place, I think we all are aware of that and if some people do not believe, unfortunately you guys are fucking morons, as simple as that.

As a past member of the administration, I'm in the position to mention several things that XE community should know. The server not only suffered losses of high level administrative people, but also suffered a massive attack of stupidity, idiots who appeared from one moment to another on the server, providing or starting dramas and the well-known bad reputation. I was ULK member and I can assure you that it wasn't all about the clan itself, if the server went down, it was because of one person, an egocentric who had the idea of keeping it all, even when he was only a moron in this game.

EC management is poor, their staff is inexperienced and the community is full of brain donors.

Interesting and funny coming from you mentioning those points, considering that those useless idiots are your friends and clearly comparable to your level of administrative incompetence.

Apart from this, the server was attacked by the modification known as "F1" of which I was part. I really have no reason to hide this fact, because it's part of my story and it's part of XE's story, one of the facts that marked the beginning and at the same time an end to this server.

>¿What does this mean? People no longer want to play on a server with such a low reputation as XE, although the current VC-MP community is infected with multifaceted idiots and asslickers. Accept it, don't put false hopes in potentially useless people.

>I'm sure that sooner or later, something similar will happen if somehow you guys manage to revive this server, the server that should stay where it is.

>The server is originally owned by ULK, as simple as that. XE keys were given from Tommis to ULK, don't expect a nice response from them, especially from a complete idiot like Pakiharu.

If you want to give people something new and exciting, I would prefer the idea to revive Sharks vs Marios; unique server and highly successful in his time. I and the people who once spent hours enjoying the game mode, with those simple but  incredible mechanics will agree with me and I can ensure you it will be something that will succeed, because there isn't something similar.

That would not be CTF, LW or EC.

In first place i'm sorry for the bump here.

Oh my fucking god, is here talking the F1 Hacker about stupidity, thinking that you are able to talk about XE after all you have made to it. By the way i'm not trying to be the "asslicker" here, but you are one of the more reasons of XE falls down, AND you talking of aXXo administrative knowledge is a thing that is only done by Brain donors. the possibility of being an administrator of XE you should have a little respect here for the people that still wants to play, thanks.
Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

Hunbal

• Life is never easy for those you dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2016, 11:07:05 am »
One thing I do know, is that XE can never live again if it is under the current or old management system.
True! but You may discuss with them to revive XE in a pleasant way.

Anyways it Would be great and exciting if the old XE environment comes back!

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2016, 10:42:02 pm »
XE will never be the same if it's not managed by ULK, please answer me, Charley or another one involved in this.

How can we be sure that players will come back again to XE?

What will happen to the active staff? Will be cleared?

Has aki given you permission to do it?

Is there a new anti-hack system to prevent F1, ramps or another .asi / every modification?

Why not Sharks vs Marios (such as Ethan said above)?

Guess twenty-five players play regularly in Grand Theft Auto European City and twenty do it in littlewhiteys, if we re-build XE, both servers will be with 5- players, or am i wrong?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:45:39 pm by CarterR7 »
Funny Funny x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 6 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2016, 05:26:37 am »
XE will never be the same if it's not managed by ULK, please answer me, Charley or another one involved in this.

How can we be sure that players will come back again to XE?

What will happen to the active staff? Will be cleared?

Has aki given you permission to do it?

Is there a new anti-hack system to prevent F1, ramps or another .asi / every modification?

Why not Sharks vs Marios (such as Ethan said above)?

Guess twenty-five players play regularly in Grand Theft Auto European City and twenty do it in littlewhiteys, if we re-build XE, both servers will be with 5- players, or am i wrong?
hello stranger who came with strange questions.
First Of all you dont need permission from aki to start XE, Tommies was the guy with XE's idea.aki is just in the management team.

Also you need to read the posts above in order to get the answer of your 2nd question, nobody is going to knock the older staff.

I believe that if XE comes back to life with its old swagger, then EC will be empty.

All I want you to read is the posts above, you will get your answers.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2016, 10:05:07 am »
Yes, apologies for the delay - will try to respond within 24 hours. We have been discussing internally among the current staff though. Also, I've been online on IRC all day today - will try to be online for a while tomorrow as well if anyone would like to discuss. Thanks.

so when will you bless us with your post?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:06:45 am by Morphine »
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

aki

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2016, 06:02:27 pm »
Thanks, Morphine - your reminder is exactly what I needed. I will post today - it's finally the weekend and I should have time to post when I get back tonight.

Unfortunately, as everyone surely understands, this is a matter that deserves to be taken seriously and not to be rushed. I have been on IRC here and there for the past few days, but I haven't seen Charley online and I haven't received any messages from anyone who'd like to discuss. I imagine everyone can understand that when RL gets busy, there's not much one can do other than being understanding of the fact that personal obligations - especially work or school - does take precedence over VC:MP affairs. Meanwhile though, I have had extensive conversations with the current XE team and I think we've come to a consensus on our view on the matter - which I will certainly be posting about tonight. I am aware that the ball has been in my court for a while so I appreciate everyone's patience.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2016, 06:52:27 pm »
Thanks, Morphine - your reminder is exactly what I needed. I will post today - it's finally the weekend and I should have time to post when I get back tonight.

Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 5 Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2016, 10:20:42 pm »
Funny Funny x 2 Winner Winner x 2 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)