login
March 29, 2024, 07:45:49 am

Author Topic: XE  (Read 34641 times)

Revolver

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: XE
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 02:28:54 pm »
Hi Charley, I never really got to know you personally, I've been mostly playing while you were gone, I didn't catch you when you were managing the server, nevertheless I completely agree with every single word of yours as an participator of all of the events in 2013-2014. I appreciate and support your wish to revive XE under the new hierarchy, this would be the best option as of now, because I don't know who else could pull XE out of the abyss right now. Aki and co. killed this server completely and he needs his power to be taken off.

I'll bring you a brief story about how everything was going during these years. Won't say much about ulk-above-all stuff, you know times didn't change, they were still covering each other's asses from time to time. I joined the staff in march 2013 and been actively playing since then. In the autumn of 2013 Aki wanted to show how much of a badass he is and went egocentric faggot, as an outcome Ulk was divided, xe lost a few regular players. Then there began F1 era, when every single lagger was being accussed of usage this hack, some latinoamericans were banned for using and spreading it, this made irreparable damage to the server. I decided to take an initiative and started making events to attract players' attention back. Been also asking for a board for events for the whole month (everyone was so busy, they couldn't devote 5 minutes of their time to me). It helped a little, but after the second event I realized it was a failure. XE was dying, I resigned in the august of 2014 (it also took a few weeks to remove my rank, which again shows how careful everyone in the staff was), this was going to nowhere, no one from the management gave a fuck. Neither akiharu, nor your hero George.

So yeah, aki's XE now sucks balls. George feeds you with empty promises and ya believe there's still a chance these two will make a dream-server. They both did nothing productive for XE for these years and don't deserve their high ranks. Don't put 'everyone has real life' shit into here, this isn't the case, george's been idling on the forums for 350+ days (watch xe forum stats, could he help somehow this community?) and it's not about a couple of weeks, it's a 1+ year of absolute standstill. Oh, yeah, let's not forget, he released a laggy 0.4 script, that was taken down a little later, because it looked like total bullshit. Think of my words, you won't go any further, teaming up with them, they both are COMPLETELY USELESS. Let's just remember that VW4 script was written by storm for one day, who, I'm pretty sure, has more responsibilities in his life. I'm done here, there's a chance of XE in our community, but without George and aki, consider them fired up. No overstatements, I post truly what I saw ^.

Hi everyone, btw.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:32:00 pm by Revolver »
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Luckshya

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 03:16:26 pm »
Well, yes, if the old XE comes back, it will get players. It is not a bad idea though, but you must 1st confirm from the XE owner if he is thinking to bring it back, if not, then, for sure, bring it back.
Good Luck!
Sir, this is not your room right now.
Go check xe-servers.com and then think of replying.
Ok, sorry, actually i did try to visit there but i am not registered there and it needs admin approval. So sorry, i'll take care next time.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Credits to Pumak47

DarKFirE

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 03:31:09 am »
Dear Charleycartoon;

This is an issue that really caught my attention, since seeing all the arguments published by some people seems pathetic and completely out of context. Honestly, most people here have not the slightest idea what the server was in his time.

To begin with, let's be honest, there's no longer an opportunity for a similar or possibly equal server like XE, this server had it's lifetime, it's era of glory and potentially, at some point in history the best server created and managed by an excellent and well distributed administration. There is currently a server which already took that place, I think we all are aware of that and if some people do not believe, unfortunately you guys are fucking morons, as simple as that.

As a past member of the administration, I'm in the position to mention several things that XE community should know. The server not only suffered losses of high level administrative people, but also suffered a massive attack of stupidity, idiots who appeared from one moment to another on the server, providing or starting dramas and the well-known bad reputation. I was ULK member and I can assure you that it wasn't all about the clan itself, if the server went down, it was because of one person, an egocentric who had the idea of keeping it all, even when he was only a moron in this game.

EC management is poor, their staff is inexperienced and the community is full of brain donors.

Interesting and funny coming from you mentioning those points, considering that those useless idiots are your friends and clearly comparable to your level of administrative incompetence.

Apart from this, the server was attacked by the modification known as "F1" of which I was part. I really have no reason to hide this fact, because it's part of my story and it's part of XE's story, one of the facts that marked the beginning and at the same time an end to this server.

>¿What does this mean? People no longer want to play on a server with such a low reputation as XE, although the current VC-MP community is infected with multifaceted idiots and asslickers. Accept it, don't put false hopes in potentially useless people.

>I'm sure that sooner or later, something similar will happen if somehow you guys manage to revive this server, the server that should stay where it is.

>The server is originally owned by ULK, as simple as that. XE keys were given from Tommis to ULK, don't expect a nice response from them, especially from a complete idiot like Pakiharu.

If you want to give people something new and exciting, I would prefer the idea to revive Sharks vs Marios; unique server and highly successful in his time. I and the people who once spent hours enjoying the game mode, with those simple but  incredible mechanics will agree with me and I can ensure you it will be something that will succeed, because there isn't something similar.

That would not be CTF, LW or EC.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:33:19 am by DarKFirE »
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 5 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 7 (list)

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 06:35:05 am »
Interesting and funny coming from you mentioning those points, considering that those useless idiots are your friends and clearly comparable to your level of administrative incompetence.
You probably breezed through the series of long posts in this topic and did not bother to actually read them.

Quoting myself, with bolded stuff that you might have missed out.
Some people claim that the EC management is poor, their staff is inexperienced and the community is full of brain donors. Though, I disagree. The reports are handled quick, admins are always available and the DM scene just works out, so I have no complains regarding the management, staff or the community.
Funny Funny x 2 Winner Winner x 3 Pwnt Pwnt x 5 (list)

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 09:04:30 am »
I liked the idea of reviving XE. XE was a great server ever and will remain great. Teaming up with George (if he is not lying about rewriting 0.3's xe script) and appointing a new and active scripter for converting that 0.3 script to 0.4 with george would be good idea. Aki's power should be taken for destroying the server. Management and administration should be refreshed. Some old guys which are still active should be given higher ranks and then getting some new and fresh staff (not from only one clan and making it VU XE, or ULK XE or etc) will be better. XE is unique, EC is just a fail copy of XE. And it got many of inexperienced players in staff I can surely say that except few people in staff, the rest is totally inexperienced yet it managed high counts of players because the most of XE regular players and other DM players have no other choice to play at but only EC. Reviving back XE with old classical style may cause death to EC as EC script is a bit laggy which can't stand in competition with XE script and will manage more player counts than EC as I know many players who left playing at EC because of the staff and some features that they don't like and waiting for George to bring up XE. We already have XE forum which is great in all aspects. Just rearranging staff there won't be bad idea. If doing fresh start then as axxo said why not starting totally new server. That's just my opinion. kthnxbai.
Funny Funny x 2 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 12:46:16 pm »
To be honest, EC has better staff than XE why? because they have good manners, and i don't see where EC copied XE, XE died and EC came that's XE's fault not EC's.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 12:47:56 pm by WiLsOn »
Agree Agree x 6 Disagree Disagree x 5 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 05:50:32 pm »
How about xe's current staff and past staff members discuss it? rest of us (including myself) can go and fuck off, because one thing for sure you ain't getting admin level by commenting bs here.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:58:05 pm by WiLsOn »
Agree Agree x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 2 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 06:31:02 pm »
Thanks for your replies everyone. I don't want this thread to contain drama, but rather be a mature discussion. This is not a thread for personal arguments. I've split the off-topic posts into another thread.

Instead of addressing people's posts individually, I'm going to address the issues individually, and hopefully cover everything.

Why XE? Why not a new server? And why not one of the current server?

XE is more than a simple TDM server, it is a brand, a community, and an ethos. People who know XE know what to expect, they trust it as a server, and they agree with its core values. Additionally, the way the spawnpoints have been set up, the locations of the cars, the available commands, have all been honed over years to provide the best DM experience in VC:MP.

The Old Forum

I agree that the old forum is great, however, we will never be able to get control over it. It is paid for and administrated by Akiharu, and he would never agree to anyone else taking over. If we revive XE, it has to be a new server.

The Old Management/Staff Team

Tommis gave the server to HeAD, not to ULK. HeAD recruited ULKs because he knew and trusted them, but every one of them except for Tical and to some degree Sephiroth proved incapable of running XE responsibly. If HeAD were to come back, I would be happy for him to adopt a management position, no questions asked. The others, though, are not cut out for the job.

As for George, he is an incredibly nice guy, but he doesn't have a huge understanding of XE. He was brought in following my resignation because Aki needed a scripter. He may have changed a little, but my memory of him is represented by the post he made shortly before he got appointed:

I say, Please stop of do stupid things, you are manager in XE, know what is this?!, isn't one small thing it's one big thing, us are actually the best server in VC:MP, why? Because us are competent and doing our works.

Now the best manager for me, does this! the manager than i would like of be in future, yeah you is right, i'm so sad.

New management

I suggest we change how the management system works in XE. Instead of having a small management team, whose reliability the server fundamentally relies on, we use a system more similar to the ULK and VU clan system - just like all full members are the leaders of VU, all senior admins should be the managers of XE. I would not be a server manager, but I would be a server coordinator. This would mean that I would be responsible for the initial recruitment of staff, and the coordination of forum, rules, script and hosting. After the number of 'managing admins' increases, I would act as a guide and, if necessary, as the one with final say in disputes. Normal management of the server, however, would be the responsibility of the managing admins. This is the system I propose:

Server Coordinator
[VU]Charley

Managing Admins - additional roles listed after names
The number of managing admins will start off as small, but grow. Managing admins will have a proven understanding of and belief in XE core values.

[MK]Jackson - head scripter, recruitment team
[VU]Aiden - web master, scripting team
[SC]Liam - forum admin, scripting team
Lucas - recruitment team, displine team
[DUz]Noah - events team
Mason
Caden - events team
[SS]Jacob
STF.Logan - recruitment team
Jayden - discipline team
ULK.Alex - discipline team
Elijah
[EAF]Jack - events team, recruitment team
[TpS]Luke - scripting team
[VU_R]Michael - events team
[DnA]Benjamin - recruitment team

Admins

[MK]Alexander
[DnA]James
Jayce
Caleb
[ON]Connor
=TRC=William
[SS]Carter
[VU]Ryan
Oliver

Moderators

Matthew
Daniel
Gabriel
Henry
Owen

The Script

One thing I think is important is that we establish a scripting team, with one head scripter. That way we don't have to rely on just one person all the time - which is better for the scripter, and better for the community.

Drake, I'm very happy that you have said that you're interested in converting the script. Before we confirm it, we need to have a conversation about it. We will both have expectations that we need to discuss, and see whether it can work out. This will have to be done via pm on this forum, or via email, whichever you prefer, as I'm not flexible enough to do it on irc.

New Features

New features can be discussed after the original server features are established. We must not bite off more than we can chew.

Agree or disagree

If you agree to the above proposals, please rate this post agree. If you disagree, please rate it disagree. If you disagree, it would be great if you could post and explain why, but this isn't essential. Also, tell me if I've missed anything.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:33:47 pm by Charley »
Agree Agree x 14 Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

Fercho

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 07:15:39 pm »
I have no idea why Akiharu hasn't posted here yet, but I'm quoting himself on the post he made at the staff section. Just to know the opinion of the XE existing team.
Despite past disputes and Charley's slightly blurry picture of the history of XE, I feel rather okay about the possibility of a collaboration with Charley, VU and other active members of the community. At the end of the day, I still believe that XE was and still has the potential to be the best server ever in VC:MP. I think Charley and many others can do a lot in terms of bringing XE back.

That being said, one thing that needs to be addressed first is Charley's misunderstanding that he can "revive" XE without the involvement and agreement of the existing XE team. He is more than welcome to launch a brand new server (like he did with EA), just not under the XE name. This is an important issue and needs to be addressed first before we can even begin a conversation about collaboration.

Now, the active current members agree on a collaboration to bring XE back, however, there are some things that must be known. I personally, hope that Akiharu's post won't make any drama or something related with here.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 08:31:47 pm »
I do not want XE making a comeback because:
  • I personally want a diversity of gamemodes in VCMP, rather than plain old DM. It would be great if the intended efforts are put in:
    - RPGDM with gang territories, inventories, treasury. This would be a really complex script but would stretch VCMP to it's limits.
    - Two team Death Match like SvM or ViceLegends.
  • It will be a direct competition to EC which might result in a split player base. EC and XE are almost same as far as the gameplay is concerned. Both the servers will lack the epic clusterfuck massive wars if the player base is split. It would be nice if only one of those server exists. Since, EC is already established we should let it keep the prime position.
  • Xtreme Elites was originally a clan that has been non-existent in a decade. Why do you want to continue it's legacy?
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

aki

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 09:55:55 pm »
Apologies for the delay, but I will post a response to this thread within the next 12 hours. Great to see that everyone is still interested in XE.
Funny Funny x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 10:26:02 pm »
Apologies for the delay, but I will post a response to this thread within the next 12 hours. Great to see that everyone is still interested in XE.
Sure, as long as you don't attempt to hack our forum again ;p
Funny Funny x 4 Pwnt Pwnt x 4 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

honor

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 12:21:57 am »
@Charley,The only disagreement part of the post you've made,is about getting rank in both forum and server.

While we expect collabration and help from community,You are putting personal matters between you and him.Which is completely wrong and leads to nowhere but disagreement for this.

This wouldnt even come this far if he didnt want this to be discussed.You dont have to like each other,but you can make a collabration just to revive it and focus on what to do

#strictlybussiness
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

Sean

• Fanatic
  • [EAF]Sean
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 02:31:10 am »
It won't be amusing to see if full one sided staff list will be made. It'd be better if recruitment is as hard as Vice War staff. I'd say recruit a badass player in the staff as head admin (morphine is a good example), he won't give a fuck to the background of the player who's applying and obviously there won't be any formalities. Trust me, it won't be amusing to see a full memberlist of a clan in the staff list like it was the case before when every ULK was an admin.

As you know, good staff attracts a lot of players.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:34:03 am by Sean »
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 08:52:25 am »
I do not want XE making a comeback because:
  • I personally want a diversity of gamemodes in VCMP, rather than plain old DM. It would be great if the intended efforts are put in:
    - RPGDM with gang territories, inventories, treasury. This would be a really complex script but would stretch VCMP to it's limits.
    - Two team Death Match like SvM or ViceLegends.
  • It will be a direct competition to EC which might result in a split player base. EC and XE are almost same as far as the gameplay is concerned. Both the servers will lack the epic clusterfuck massive wars if the player base is split. It would be nice if only one of those server exists. Since, EC is already established we should let it keep the prime position.
  • Xtreme Elites was originally a clan that has been non-existent in a decade. Why do you want to continue it's legacy?

to be honest, this is the only post that has caught my attention so far.

as aXXo, I am all about promoting diversity and competition in the context of VC-MP gamemodes and VC-MP servers.

in regard to Vice Legends, I can write the following - the project will be resurfacing in the near future, seeing as I have, with great effort, found the script that stormeus and I had made for the previous version of VC-MP and it'll be in working condition soon enough.

as for SvM, it would be healthy to revive this project too seeing as it was quite a unique concept at the time of its inception, and I don't see any projects similar to it to this day either. I had the script for it at some point but can't find it now, so if Thijn wants to get this thing going again, I'm open for discussion. I can arrange for hosting if stormeus will not object. :)

last but not least - XE. if both sides (team Charley and team Akiharu) do not come to a consensus on how to revive/initiate this project, then XE will follow ULK's footsteps and you'll have the choice of playing on either XE 1 (OFFICIAL SERVER UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE) and XE 2 (SINCE 2003 MORE OFFICIAL THAN OFFICIAL SERVER XE 1), that's my view on it anyway.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:59:10 am by Morphine »
Agree Agree x 4 Funny Funny x 2 Informative Informative x 2 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)