login
April 27, 2024, 03:32:15 am

Author Topic: 30 FPS vs 60 FPS  (Read 12769 times)

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: 30 FPS vs 60 FPS
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2016, 01:05:27 pm »
As LW fixed their fps to 30, my game lags there.

Right now, I have core 2 duo e6550 2GB ram and a nvidia gt630 1GB DDR3.
My game runs perfectly on 60fps but lag on 30fps. Storemus, do you have any appropriate solution?
lol Game is working perfect on 30 fps it looks laggy because you are addicted to 60 fps. And as "30 fps in VC" are terrible a bit due to laggy animations and .... So it looks laggy at 30 when you are addicted to 60 fps. However; if you play daily at 30fps, you will not feel the "lagness".
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2016, 03:08:06 pm »
However; if you play daily at 30fps, you will not feel the "lagness".
unless I encounter you O0 :laugh: :police: >:D
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2016, 03:46:36 pm »
However; if you play daily at 30fps, you will not feel the "lagness".
unless I encounter you O0 :laugh: :police: >:D
unless you start playing again O0 :laugh: :police: >:D

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2016, 07:01:26 pm »
unless you start playing again O0 :laugh: :police: >:D
^yes

Crossfire|OutlawZ

• Crazy Man
  • Wubba Lubba DUBB DUBBB BIAAAAATCH!!
    • View Profile
Re: Improving Future Vice Wars
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2016, 07:40:07 pm »
PROS

It's smoother.
So people at 60 are at a disadvantage? So I'm right.
If the only pro is it's smoother then let people play at it.

Kamran/K.

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2016, 12:35:19 pm »
I'm serious, it lags really!

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2016, 10:29:23 am »
I'm serious, it lags really!
Ever played 0.3? It was locked to 30fps. Ever felt lagging ? because you didn't play at 60.
It is apparent lag not actual *VCMP Doppler effect*.
it looks laggy at 30 when you are addicted to 60 fps. However; if you play daily at 30fps, you will not feel the "lagness".
And when you are addicted to 30 fps and turn off frame limiter you feel some *real smooth game like slow motion*.

Sahaj/Blurry

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 03:36:47 pm »
So it looks laggy at 30 when you are addicted to 60 fps.
Well, I have to say something here.

You don't feel the lag or choppiness at 30 because of the addiction of/obsession with 60fps but because of the fact that your monitor's refresh rate is 60Hz or above.
Also - lag is of two types - Input lag and the On-screen lag. For those of you who don't know what's input lag: Input lag is the delay in time between when you click a button and when up you see the object or subject on the screen react.  With 30fps, in most games, you will witness an input lag if you're playing with a keyboard-mouse combo. However, things are completely different if you use a game controller. The on screen lag becomes more noticeable because of input lag. You will definitely notice the loss of responsiveness due to the way the mouse moves.
Informative Informative x 2 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 07:10:02 pm »
You have misunderstood the topic (or maybe I)::) If you by chance play vcmp try playing at 60 fps from starting after some days play at 30 fps you will notice what we are talking about.  ;) And I guess Kamran already got it. I will do 30 vs 60 fps game play video if I got time.  ^-^
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 07:18:40 pm by KakaroT »

Sahaj/Blurry

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 07:50:40 pm »
You have misunderstood the topic (or maybe I)::) If you by chance play vcmp try playing at 60 fps from starting after some days play at 30 fps you will notice what we are talking about.  ;) And I guess Kamran already got it. I will do 30 vs 60 fps game play video if I got time.  ^-^
no I didn't man. I was trying to explain to you the technological reason behind the fact why 30fps feels choppy for our eyes on a 60Hz monitor and that too on mouse and keyboard only but not with controller.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 08:42:25 pm »
Hmmm. I will try to make a custom resolution with 30 Hz and test the difference between 30 fps on 30 Hz and 30 fps on 60 Hz. I got your point though, but I feel that might not be the case with the "apparent lag" I experienced.  :blank:

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 07:36:55 am »
Good luck in raping your eye by playing a game at 30 Hz...
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2016, 03:47:16 am »
60 FPS is so average. Try playing at 144 :P
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2016, 08:01:58 am »
And break game engine more  ;D Does nvidia cap force vcmp to 144 ?

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2016, 03:34:40 pm »
And break game engine more  ;D Does nvidia cap force vcmp to 144 ?
No, in fact I can override caps set on games but that just breaks SP for me as it just crashes at 10000 FPS.

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help