February 22, 2018, 10:09:06 pm

Author Topic: Capture the Flag  (Read 2606 times)

Asadullah

• VW7 - The Night Wolves
  • Crazy Man
  • Thankx To Allah For Everything :)
    • View Profile
    • VCDM
    • Awards
Re: Capture the Flag
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 06:06:04 pm »
Can you disable ping/fps kick for those who spec as yellow skin? and i will also suggest remove kick on login, maybe just auto kill player if they don't login. 
This one. Sometimes, When you join server the files start downloading and because of that you don't notice the screen messages. Even if you login, because of files download, it takes some time for the command to execute and we get auto kicked by server.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Thankx to RebellioN

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 06:07:46 pm »
Also why do we have to download files every time we join ?
Not that it bothers me but still, it effects players with bad internet connection.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 06:12:03 pm »
Can you disable ping/fps kick for those who spec as yellow skin? and i will also suggest remove kick on login, maybe just auto kill player if they don't login. 
The server does this already. The script does not kick spectators even if they have a high ping or low fps'. Those limits are only for spawned players. The kick on login has to remain tho, otherwise we'd have a bunch of people impersonating other people.
Agree Agree x 3 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Almo

• Vice Underdog Trainee
  • Fanatic
  • (◣_◢)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 06:26:45 pm »
The server does this already. The script does not kick spectators even if they have a high ping or low fps'. Those limits are only for spawned players. The kick on login has to remain tho, otherwise we'd have a bunch of people impersonating other people.

If that's the case, the player should be warned atleast twice before getting kicked out, or a popup message on the screen would work too, as i usually myself miss the message when i join the server
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

i fap blood behanchod, HARDCORE.

mi with my best buddy

Asadullah

• VW7 - The Night Wolves
  • Crazy Man
  • Thankx To Allah For Everything :)
    • View Profile
    • VCDM
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 06:40:59 pm »
In this case, I'd suggest to increase time delay of kicking to 1 minute.

EDIT: why not kicking a player who puts invalid password 3 times ?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:21:17 am by Asadullah »
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

Thankx to RebellioN

krystianoo

• Vice War Staff
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 08:12:07 pm »
Also why do we have to download files every time we join ?
Not that it bothers me but still, it effects players with bad internet connection.

Client-side scripts, I'm pretty sure. Happens on servers which use them.

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 01:33:49 pm »
Set all player's name to (Guest%d, playerID) on connection and set it to player's actual nickname after they have successfully logged in.
That's the approach Argonath uses and it pretty much tackles all impersonation issues.
Agree Agree x 6 Winner Winner x 1 Informative Informative x 3 (list)

Eddy

• Vice War Staff
  • Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 08:17:08 pm »
Winner Winner x 2 (list)

Milko

• VW7 - The Triumvirate
  • Crazy Man
  • God is a Serb
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 09:48:46 pm »
Flag the Capture.

Eddy

• Vice War Staff
  • Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 09:53:23 pm »
Flag the Capture.
Clapture flag The.

Dominican republic won 4-0, battle highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6S_RERpi54&feature=youtu.be
Winner Winner x 1 (list)