login
April 23, 2024, 06:36:50 pm

Author Topic: Please Vote for this Charity  (Read 884 times)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
Please Vote for this Charity
« on: August 12, 2015, 05:47:46 am »
There has probably never been a topic like this one in the history of this clan but I request your help from the broad community my friends, my fellow clan members, and VC:MP players.

In Jamaica currently, there's a competition called "Story of Excellence" where the president, CEO, leaders etc. write a short summary of how over the course of a charity's/community organization's life have impacted the lives of others in a positive manner.

Such are the stories is from my friends named Jordan Bennett. He is the founder of the "Feeding of the 5000" Outreach Foundation. He made his charity at age 17 back in 2012 and his goal was well...to feed 5000 people. Over the 3 years he has passed that goal and has fed at least 6000 Jamaicans across the island. His highly noble efforts at such an age has made him iconable figure and he has been awarded the Prime Ministers Youth Award in the category of Youth in Service as well as other awards.

If you ask me, personally I don't like the idea of having to win a sponsor but such is the way of this world where no matter how noble, how selfless and caring you are, money determines your actions & impact in some way but I digress. I ask that all of you who have Facebook accounts, take the time to vote for his story so that he has a chance of winning the monetary funds he needs to keep up the charity; share and spread the word if you wish. Your help is greatly appreciated.

https://premium.easypromosapp.com/voteme/35737/620956282

I have one final word though regarding this and this is especially for the younger folks in the community currently. I've been here for a lot of years and the one thing I can assure you as a life lesson is that that old saying of what goes around comes around, you reap what you sow? Be kind and virtuous to everyone you meet because you never know when or how you're going to need their help. Even if you don't receive any help, be humble & never stop because good does come back if you hold the faith.

I thank you.
Winner Winner x 6 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Orochi

• Fanatic
  • z0rcoholic
    • View Profile
    • Double-U
Re: Please Vote for this Charity
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 06:19:55 am »
100th Voter :laugh:
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Angela

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
  • failure is not falling down but refusing to get up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 03:07:31 pm »
  :)
Winner Winner x 1 (list)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 03:27:23 pm »
Done bro.  :thumbsup:

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 03:39:18 am »
I really appreciate the support guys :). Although not all of you reported back here that you voted, I definitely could tell a good bunch of you came out to support my friend; you guys profile pictures standout from the typical Jamaican :P. Thanks a lot for the support so far.

The competition ends 23 of August 4:59 GMT so if anyone's reading and thought you missed it, well now I've answered that question. Thank you guys :)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 07:25:19 am »
Anything for ma main G GangstaRas, done!

DronZ

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 02:41:55 pm »
Voted.  :thumbsup:

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 08:26:31 am »
I'm a little late to the update here but the competition has ended. The date was extended from the 23rd to the 30th (I guess for more competitors), alas, our votes weren't in vain, Feeding the 5000 has won and has been sponsored the cash prize. Truly thanks again to all who came out to help the cause, I really appreciated your help :)
Winner Winner x 3 (list)