login
March 28, 2024, 03:07:41 pm

Author Topic: Shift to 0.4?  (Read 4100 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Shift to 0.4?
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2015, 01:10:42 pm »
There are no equivalents in today's VC:MP.
Cheers.

Klaus, I'm almost entirely ignorant when it comes to the RPG world in VC:MP, not less your role in it. From what I can tell you encouraged a small but dedicated group of players to stick around and contribute to the community, and for that perhaps you should be commended. However, in terms of impact relative to that which the aforementioned team of leaders from the DM side of VC:MP had on the growth and development of the VC:MP community, it doesn't seem significant enough to make a song and dance about. If you feel that I did you an injustice by not mentioning you as an equivalent now, then I feel that you have misjudged your importance and influence on the community.

After a long absence, I am essentially an outsider looking in. But what I see right now is the same elitism, defeatism and general apathy that existed towards the end of 2007 and through most of 2008, when the global playercount rarely exceeded 30, frequently idled around 0, and there was almost no community except to speak of - except for the old LWs crew who sat around on IRC patting each other on the back and telling each other how right they all were about everything.

If VC:MP is to develop and regain what it once had, there needs to be a new generation of leaders who are pro-active in making steps towards shifting the playerbase to 0.4 and in the re-invigoration of an inclusive community.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 08:15:10 am »
Update for those interested:

Why do you people keep opening 0.3 servers?
Bite me if i am wrong, they don't even know new vcmp forum.  ::)

That's too bad, I actually managed to get a hold of bakasan and we might be taking down the 0.3 masterlist very soon. ;D

This is very promising!
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2015, 08:01:59 am »
Winner Winner x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 2 Informative Informative x 6 (list)

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 03:33:36 pm »
I think 0.4 version, when be open, will be death in little time... Because most of players don't like the mode of gameplay, 0.3z was the best version from my side.

That's funny because I remember familiar reasoning when people were switching to R2
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 04:23:55 pm »
0.3z is better for me 8)

If we made 0.4 look like 0.3, would that make you feel better? Because that's what it basically boils down to aside from the crash fixes and new features.
Late Late x 1 (list)

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 06:27:22 pm »
If we were to put a list of features that were better in 0.3, I'd contribute with:
- Player nametags.
- Entering vehicles as a passenger.

That doesn't make it better than 0.4
I'd like to see constructive arguments from players claiming that 0.4 lacks the fun that they had in 0.3

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 07:49:43 am »
As I said, I find 0.4 great as it is. It looks great, feels great, and the sync is fantastic.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember