March 28, 2024, 09:23:32 am

Author Topic: Cigarettes  (Read 17626 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Cigarettes
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 02:19:45 pm »
Quitting's fucking easy, give me a break.

Whiners can do one 'ooo it's so hard to quit blah blah' nah, just have some willpower.

Anyway smoking's fucked up for sure, however, it's not as simple as that. In England especially smoking a very social thing, it grants you social opportunities that otherwise you would not have access to. In a club, for instance, it's too loud to speak to people inside, so to go outside and have a cigarette is a nice way to actually talk to people.

Also, in group activities - say you're doing some work training or something with 30 other people - if a few of you go outside and smoke, it allows you to get to know those certain people better.

There are a bunch of instances when smoking facilitates conversation - it can be as simple as just asking someone if they have a lighter as an excuse to chat to them.

I've cut down so that I only smoke when I drink now. And that isn't necessarily to do with the social side - I just like the way it feels, I enjoy smoking.

But it's easy as shit to stop if you have the willpower. I smoked when I was 17, and then one day I decided not to anymore. I didn't take a single toke of anything until I was 20 when I decided that I'd pick it up but not in a regular way. It just takes willpower.
Agree Agree x 2 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 11:56:33 pm »
But it's easy as shit to stop if you have the willpower. I smoked when I was 17, and then one day I decided not to anymore. I didn't take a single toke of anything until I was 20 when I decided that I'd pick it up but not in a regular way. It just takes willpower.

Honestly, most people (including me) have very little willpower. I'm not a smoker tho
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

Pleyo

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
  • Best Sona main ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2014, 06:45:55 pm »
So here's my story.

I started smoking at the age of 12 when I was in 7th grade (pretty early, uh?). At the beginning I was smoking a little and I wanted to try it out (as I thought it's cool). At that moment I smoked Goldfield, as my mum and dad smoked them. So i smuggled into my schoolbag cigarette by cigarette. Those cigarettes were strong for me, so I got used to strong cigarettes very quickly. Later my parents switched to Paramount (they were the same as Goldfield :P). I started smjggling more and more cigarettes (sometimes I smuggled even a whole pack of cigarettes). After Paramount, my parents smoked different types of cigarettes. Some of them were Chesterfield, LD and Ronhill. I had to smoke even home-made cigarettes with awful tobacco, but I got used to it. Till now, I have grown to a more experienced smoker. Currently I'm smoking Templeton and LD. If my parents (ever) find out that I smoke, I think I'm ruined. I have never been caught stealing some cigarettes, and I hope I won't be caught till I'm 18, when I will be able to buy cigarettes (maybe even earlier, when I will look like a 18 year old :D). Maybe I will stop smoking at some moment, maybe when I will be more mature and smarter (around 20-25 years old).

And that's my story.

P.S I usually smoke when I'm alone at home (or in woods after school) because I'm afraid to smoke where are many people because someone could see me and say fhat to my parents (if they know them). Has anyone an advice how to smoke without fear that someone will catch you? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:15:44 am by Pleyo »
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 10:48:20 am »
So here's my story.

I started smoking at the age of 12 when I was in 7th grade (pretty early, uh?). At the beginning I was smoking a little and I wanted to try it out (as I thought it's cool). At that moment I smoked Goldfield, as my mum and dad smoked them. So i smuggled into my schoolbag cigarette by cigarette. Those cigarettes were strong for me, so I got used to strong cigarettes very quickly. Later my parents switched to Paramount (they were the same as Goldfield :P). I started smjggling more and more cigarettes (sometimes I smuggled even a whole pack of cigarettes). After Paramount, my parents smoked different types of cigarettes. Some of them were Chesterfield, LD and Ronhill. I had to smoke even home-made cigarettes with awful tobacco, but I got used to it. Till now, I have grown to a more experienced smoker. Currently I'm smoking Templeton and LD. If my parents (ever) find out that I smoke, I think I'm ruined. I have never been caught stealing some cigarettes, and I hope I won't be caught till I'm 18, when I will be able to buy cigarettes (maybe even earlier, when I will look like a 18 year old :D). Maybe I will stop smoking at some moment, maybe when I will be more mature and smarter (around 20-25 years old).

And that's my story.

P.S I usually smoke when I'm alone at home (or in woods after school) because I'm afraid to smoke where are many people because someone could see me and say fhat to my parents (if they know them). Has anyone an advice how to smoke without fear that someone will catch you? Thanks in advance.
You've managed to list my 5 most hated cigarette brands in a single post. Seriously, how can you even smoke Paramount? I bought that crap once in my life, and after one cigar, I threw it in the bushes, worst cigar I've ever smoked.
And about the advice, talk to your parents and explain that you've started smoking, that you it's a bad habit, but you don't feel like hiding anything from them :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:16:35 am by ferrari32 »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Alphazor

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 05:21:39 pm »
So here's my story.

And that's my story.

You've managed to list my 5 most hated cigarette brands in a single post. Seriously, how can you even smoke Paramount? I bought that crap once in my life, and after one cigar, I threw it in the bushes, worst cigar I've ever smoked.
And about the advice, talk to your parents and explain that you've started smoking, that you it's a bad habit, but you don't feel like hiding anything from them :P
What's wrong with Chesterfield? :o

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 08:39:01 pm »
So here's my story.

And that's my story.

I find it disgusting :P
Try lighting a Marlboro and then Chesterfield, you're gonna realize how crappy it is :P
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 11:59:49 pm »
Quitting's fucking easy, give me a break.

Whiners can do one 'ooo it's so hard to quit blah blah' nah, just have some willpower.

Anyway smoking's fucked up for sure, however, it's not as simple as that. In England especially smoking a very social thing, it grants you social opportunities that otherwise you would not have access to. In a club, for instance, it's too loud to speak to people inside, so to go outside and have a cigarette is a nice way to actually talk to people.

Also, in group activities - say you're doing some work training or something with 30 other people - if a few of you go outside and smoke, it allows you to get to know those certain people better.

There are a bunch of instances when smoking facilitates conversation - it can be as simple as just asking someone if they have a lighter as an excuse to chat to them.

I've cut down so that I only smoke when I drink now. And that isn't necessarily to do with the social side - I just like the way it feels, I enjoy smoking.

For the younger folks reading, don't smoke to get to a particular status in life, he aint saying tht and if u do, its time for self confidence to develop, let them bitches be worthy of u (in a nice sense). Now in the Jamaican society smoking weed is fairly normal amongst many of the lower stratified classes. The upper class are more inclined to cigarettes. I have asthma so even attempting to smoke might not be the best idea I could live through but even if I didn't, here's how I think to smoking and drinking. I don't believe you must put your health in jeopardy because of respite for the here and now. Is being able to chill and not have anxieties and impulses worth breathing through a hole in your neck and your voice all fucked up? Is it worth drinking that rum at every party totally fucking up your liver cuz all the others apparently want to meet their great grand parents early? Everyone wants to "live life" but it so ironic tht they're fucking it up. If "living life" is the destruction of you, then we have a lot more mad people in society than we think. Everyone will die at some point but are you willing to say "fuck this shit" and hold ur breath with tht cigar smoke and die right there? I don't think so cuz u don't want to die, you just want more and more, feeding off tht shit. So from a logical perspective, cut the shit and mentally fight ur anxiety. Smoking has no benefits. Can you imagine it, we're making rum for drunkheads to run over us.
Agree Agree x 8 (list)

Alphazor

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2014, 02:15:18 pm »
So here's my story.

And that's my story.

Try lighting a Marlboro and then Chesterfield, you're gonna realize how crappy it is :P
I did try since I'm usually smoking Marlboro, and I didn't honestly feel a huge difference.

Fercho

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 10:51:35 pm »
Going off topic, I would like to get some kind of advice... smoking sucks at least for me, it surely hasn't anything good. However, I've never smoked and I have not tried to do, but actually my girlfriend smokes sometimes and I really don't like it. That's bad for the health, in addition to many diseases.

I do not know what kind of cigarettes she smokes, plus I have no knowledge about it (I've never had attention into that topic). Up going to the point, I wonder what kind of advice can I give her to stop smoking. Thanks for your attention, I appreciate it.

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2014, 03:05:38 am »
You can tell your all of what I said but do so in a fashion that doesn't insult her intelligence but rather let's her use it to think logically on why she should stop. Express your concern but be open-minded. She doesn't have to take the advice, care for anything you have to say on the matter or be willing to try hard to give up the habit. All the common sense in the world is not going to fully help breaking a bad habit so chances are if she's trying to quit, your patience will be exercised to the highest degree
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2014, 01:07:13 pm »
Going off topic, I would like to get some kind of advice... smoking sucks at least for me, it surely hasn't anything good. However, I've never smoked and I have not tried to do, but actually my girlfriend smokes sometimes and I really don't like it. That's bad for the health, in addition to many diseases.

I do not know what kind of cigarettes she smokes, plus I have no knowledge about it (I've never had attention into that topic). Up going to the point, I wonder what kind of advice can I give her to stop smoking. Thanks for your attention, I appreciate it.
Never tell your partner to stop smoking.
Agree Agree x 2 Disagree Disagree x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Cafu[CS]

• Banned
  • Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2014, 06:21:52 pm »
i personally smoke because my dad and mom dont give me attention and they dont care about what happens with me, and smoking is really fucking good. You feel like god

editing

forgot to say i smoke marbolo or philip morris
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:38:48 pm by Cafu[CS] »
Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

[size=14]Words per minute ranking:

- Spanish: 2
- English: 25

Niko

• Crazy Man
  • Arrebatao dando vuelta en la jeepeta🎶
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2014, 01:11:34 pm »

HELL YEA  8)
My fav cigarettes
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Playing since 2012 |EA Admin|LW's Mod|UA Admin|MK CTF Admin|RTV Mod|Omega-DM Manager|VCCNR Head-Admin|OSK Simple DM Admin|VCDC 5|VCDC 6|Vicewar 5|Vicewar 7|Vicewar 8|

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2014, 02:27:47 pm »
As Charley said, quitting smoking is easy, but as Skirmant pointed out, you need willpower.
Since we all have low willpower, everytime we try to quit smoking, we just smoke more and more.
It would be good if we all kept our mouths busy (with Cheetos) and we would be lowering our amount of smoked cigarettes per day.

P.S.:

Quote from: Alphazor
Quote from: ferrari32

They're the same actually.
The only difference are prices. Marlboro costs way more than Chesterfield. :P

Alphazor

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2014, 02:43:21 pm »

They're the same actually.
The only difference are prices. Marlboro costs way more than Chesterfield. :P

Costs literally the same here. Anyways after a few days I've posted that comment, I've tried Chesterfield again, and I have to say, the one from the red box (pls don't judge I only know variates by their color) are horrible.

ANYWAYS, since I never bothered posting about it. I'm smoking for 4 years now, and a box lasts at least 2 days for me, so I'm not a huge smoker :>(except in parties and when I'm out, then I smoke at least 3 boxes, no hate pls). I'm smoking White or Red Marlboro, or if there isn't any of those, I buy Winstons.

Emotional story, I know, might be nominated for a grammy or oscar, pls vote den!!11

Ok now a question for You smokers, anyone tried Marlboro with Menthol?, a friend of mine told me it's great, but honestly never bothered trying...