login
April 19, 2024, 04:44:37 am

Author Topic: Are men being discriminated against?  (Read 3702 times)

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
Re: Are men being discriminated against?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 08:51:43 pm »
I'm not really sure that sex has much to do with it. If you look at the history of the world's most powerful women, very few of them have been attractive; they have fought their way up the ladder rather than slept their way up the ladder.

Take Margaret Thatcher, Hilary Clinton or Angela Merkel for instance.
Hillary Clinton? She proally fucked the whole washington d.c.

Hilary Clinton is a REALLY bad example. Her husband - Bill Clinton aka former president of the USA got blowjobs everyday from his secretary
and when rumors emerged he swore to the entire country that he had no sexual relationships.
Later when proven that he did in fact have sex, he tried to defend himself by claiming that oral sex is not 'a real' sexual act.

Priceless.

Anyways, my point is not that a single woman can take control over the world by sleeping around.
I meant that they have a default advantage over a man in pretty much all relationships. And you know it.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Are men being discriminated against?
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 11:58:58 pm »
Bill Clinton's exploits have nothing to do with how Hilary got into power, it's not a bad example at all.

Also, I kinda disagree that women have the 'default advantage' over men in a relationship. Sex is only one aspect of a relationship and, contrary to most stereotypes, it doesn't always dominate other aspects such as those involving money. Money and control over it is probably as big a determinate in the relationship power balance as any. Considering that men earn far more and are typically more economically active (either in work or seeking work), the men hold the advantage. This is becoming less so in some western cultures, but not in eastern ones.

In the UK, just under 80% of women from White British origin are economically active but only 19% of women of Bangladeshi origin are and 30% of women of Pakistani origin. I guess one issue here is treating 'women' as a homogeneous group.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts