login
March 29, 2024, 08:47:03 am

Author Topic: ULK vs MK [Semi Finals ] - 6 : 2  (Read 8047 times)

FaF

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Clan MK
Re: ULK vs MK [Semi Finals ] - 6 : 2
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 07:05:52 am »
imo that shouldnt be allowed on the finals, not fair at all.
No....let everything be same until this VCCT...in later events we can ban these type of bugs...
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

morphine

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 08:14:15 am »
I consider pure wallglitching the same as ghost-citying since it's the same kind of exploitation of an 8 year old game engine to one's own advantage. You do something which no one was ever supposed to do in Vice City.  Come to think of it, no - Vice City Multiplayer. In Vice City, half these bugs wouldn't even work (theory, haven't tested and don't want to) but who's to blame VC-MP? It's been like this for what, 5 years now and this shit has only got to everyone's attention now, which is also good in a way I guess to avoid rumbles like these in the next tournament (if there is going to be one).

NewK, it's all good that you've done 4 videos showing how this stuff is done but I'm a bit disappointed to say that yes, it hasn't been disallowed and I quite frankly did not expect for it to be used either. However, you gave in some very good points about this glitch which indeed does steal the purpose of "team-work" given that you have no visible target to team-work on in the first place. We're all aware now of a potential nest of enemies near that base so it'll be quite easier next time.

About disallowing it for the finals, no. I'm a bit sick of my last-minute edits since I've done them too much already. I might, however, force the blips on for the finals if it really is this unfair, which it really sounds like to me now. It's up to you to explore such places around the bases of the A-D world, that's all I can possibly say.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:17:21 am by Morphine »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

FaF

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Clan MK
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 08:48:52 am »
I consider pure wallglitching the same as ghost-citying since it's the same kind of exploitation of an 8 year old game engine to one's own advantage.

You are getting it wrong here...i would like to give an example of that airport jetty base...all defenders are in...people wall glitch on that base...the attacker can shoot inside using pure wall glitch and the defender can shoot outside using same..thats what i call a fair use of bug, if use of bugs is allowed.....

Now here we have no blips...all defenders in...attackers clearly dont have idea abt the position of defenders....now someone uses this ghost city bug....he can see everyone inside and their positions....not just that....if he has sniper rifle...he can kill people too inside...but defenders cant really do same to him...

its like theres no use of using the obstacles on bases to hide urself...since someone using this ghost city bug can see your position anyway and moreover just shoot through most of things ( not all )....so how the heck would we defend when someone can just shoot us anyway and we cant do shit to him...

Dont you think thats pretty much different and lot more unfair than pure wall glitching?

The best thing would be to ban use of map related bugs like ghost city bug, getting stuck under or between outer n inner walls of some interior so you can shoot others but they cant shoot you...

I and most of people wish for a bug free game....if we cant get bugs out of game...we can just ban their use...that would save the originality of game and would make it more enjoyable for both the teams or all the players and also will improve competition in terms of skills and strategy

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 04:44:31 pm »
Well, I don't know if there's going to be a VCCT3 or which event will follow this one, but if these next events allow the usage of this bug, count MK out, because there's absolutely no point in training while we can just choose a random nab who just started playing vcmp, give him a sniper and tell him to use the Ghost city bug. Our team members refused to play again like this and I do agree with them aswell.

This is the exact same thing as using wall hacks + you can shoot trough solid objects, it completely defeats the purpose of covering behind objects, it's the same thing as fighting in the middle of the beach, no buildings,no solid objects, no nothing. Just put the checkpoint in the middle of the beach and let's play TDM. It suprises me how the Slide bug is disallowed and this is allowed.

About the finals, I believe nothing should be changed, the Finals should have the exact same conditions as the other vcct matches, it's only fair. Blips Disabled and same rules.

morphine

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 07:33:10 pm »
It's settled then. Thanks for not threatening to DDoS us, guys. :)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 07:42:36 pm »
Geez where did you even got that from? lol, that's more like Kevinsito's thing....

morphine

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 09:16:27 pm »
Heh my point.

buda

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 10:15:41 pm »
okay we all know how to do that it now anyways, it'll be quite ez to get the nublet
Cannot rate own posts

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2012, 08:58:23 am »
Woah that's a seriously lame bug. Have we had confirmation from ULK that they used it?

If so I'm just disappointed, there's no fun in winning like that.

I absolutely think it should be prohibited in the next match. If it had been known before the last match it would have been prohibited then, why let it slide again?

Writer of excessively long posts

Crossfire|OutlawZ

• Crazy Man
  • Wubba Lubba DUBB DUBBB BIAAAAATCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2012, 09:41:49 am »
Woah that's a seriously lame bug. Have we had confirmation from ULK that they used it?

If so I'm just disappointed, there's no fun in winning like that.

I absolutely think it should be prohibited in the next match. If it had been known before the last match it would have been prohibited then, why let it slide again?

but this is just the only match left, prohibiting just for this last match sounds lame.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2012, 01:24:59 pm »
but this is just the only match left, prohibiting just for this last match sounds lame.

We can't go back in time and prohibit in the last matches though.

Writer of excessively long posts

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 04:05:50 pm »
I suspect someone bugged through Kens office and sniped people in the pole club hehe.
I wonder where that was used so you could know about it... ::)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Zegro

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 04:52:07 pm »

yeah, to confirm I did worldghost and headshot 3 of you through the wall.

sure the glitch is 'lame', but it is no less lame than any of the other glitches that either only a minority knows, opponents do not know, or the list of glitches I use when I play A/D

you're trying to quantify this glitch as worse than other glitches that are not banned, which simply shouldn't be the case. This glitch is not an abusal of something that will get me a guaranteed kill, nor give me a significant advantage.

The only advantage from using this strategy over using any other strategy is it forces enemies to defend outside of the base, and makes walls and obstacles invisible but still solid to you, a disadvantage.

you're saying this bug should not be allowed, but this person is still very easy to kill and the glitch is very easy to avoid...it's a very close minded way of thinking about things, especially when other glitches that are allowed (ie: wallglitching as the glitch, not the whole world-ghosting and wallglitching thing) are often harder to avoid and yet allowed.

I pride myself in having good knowledge of the game, and the glitches and features that the game has to offer...banning this glitch would not be getting rid of an unfair advantage (especially now the glitch is known, it's not that much of an advantage at all), but gimping those who spend time looking around the game by banning the fruits of their labour.

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 06:00:17 pm »
Am I missing something here? Are you seriously saying this isn't a great advantage? This is absolutely the same as Wall-hacks I don't know how to make myself clearer than that, wall-hacks and using this bug is absolutely the same. Plus, if you have a sniper, then it's pretty much the same as fighting on the beach since the sniper can shoot trough those "solid" objects/walls.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:24:18 pm by NewK »

FaF

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Clan MK
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2012, 09:43:05 am »
Not just that.... it also reveals the position of players defending since you can see them through walls...which makes the fun behind no blips quite useless...so u already know where defenders are placed....isn't it so cool guys I'll just abuse this bug like in every base and then snipe 1or2 of you hiding behind obstacles and then when you guys are outnumbered, we would just storm in, n why 1or2 ill just take out your whole team like that, cool enough isnt it?

And yea zegro.... so is this game just about using bugs and glitches now and fight for who knows them better?  And glitches and bugs are not features of game but loopholes........
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:49:45 am by FaF »