March 28, 2024, 04:39:01 pm

Author Topic: A note to all  (Read 5064 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
A note to all
« on: January 11, 2011, 09:15:34 pm »
I've been getting a lot of criticism recently for accepting various people into our clan, without knowing them particularly well. I want you all to understand what I and VU are trying to achieve here. Our main goal is the continual population of VC:MP with a steadily increasing number of experienced players. This is so that we have people to play with. To do this we've done a few things, events such as VCDC and Vice City ladder, our clan server - which is slanted slightly to reward regular play - and most of all the clan itself.

We accept people we don't know particularly well into our training ranks, for that exact purpose. We want to give almost everyone who passes through this tiny mod a chance to break into the community and learn more about the game, be it fighting ingame, mechanics of the game or out of game management. Of course some people are not suited to our training regime or VC:MP itself, so they are soon either dropped or forgotten. And sure we sometimes incourage those who will annoy us in the future (Landwind :p), but for every 1 Landwind there's 2 or 3 good players.

This system works. Before anyone criticizes me again about how I like to run my clan then just consider the players who have been through our ranks, just some examples: Knucis, ShakeJunt, GangstaRas, Andrex, Tmavs, ULK.Helix, ULK.OlvidO.

I didn't know anything about any of those people when they applied.

Edit:-

People always use the argument of quality over quantity. But let's think of this in an analogy. Quality is a subjective minority share of the overall quantity. Quality is so called the 'cream of the crop'. If there is more crop, there is more cream. If there is a small crop, there isn't much cream. In order to increase the amount of cream, you must first incrase the size of the crop.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:32:26 pm by Charley »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: A note to all fags.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 09:35:19 pm »
Indeed I started as a ArSt, got promoted, and then got in VU automaticaly :)

Been almost 3 years now.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Squida

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 02:47:25 am »

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 08:05:07 am »
I don't know really if i annoy I just want to be Good player I'm From now don't want to join any clan For real because i have destroy all chances That's my life and i will  continue to play i don't want to bother anyone Just trying to be good player with good attitude I wish you understand that  :)

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 11:19:15 am »
This wasn't meant as an attack against you landwind, you are just a good example.

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 12:51:46 pm »
i know it wasn't a attack. I Respect all good players  :)

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

SanDisk

• Crazy Man
  • Yippie ka Yay, Motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 01:53:24 pm »
Well, thanks for calling me like that, because I am the one who thinks so. I think we should choose people who's behaviour is ready ENOUGH to join us, I dont want the same mistake to repeat.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 04:18:31 pm »
Wasn't directed towards you Sandisk, there have been a lot of people saying things to me.

If there were a good resource of people out there that we could pick from for that purpose then i'd be happy to, but there isn't.

People always use the argument of quality over quantity. But let's think of this in an analogy. Quality is a subjective minority share of the overall quantity. Quality is so called the 'cream of the crop'. If there is more crop, there is more cream. If there is a small crop, there isn't much cream. In order to increase the amount of cream, you must first incrase the size of the crop.

shakejunt

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 10:50:20 pm »
behaviour is ready ENOUGH to join us
^

KingCaco

• Likes to post
  • King Caco
    • View Profile
    • Kingcaco
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 01:17:33 am »
I agree

« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:56:52 am by KingCaco »

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 04:21:27 am »
KingCaco, please keep all signature pics in your signature and try to decrease your images h & w, it covers a quarter of the page.

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 06:26:44 am »
KingCaco, please keep all signature pics in your signature and try to decrease your images h & w, it covers a quarter of the page.
Yours isn't that small either :p

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

KingCaco

• Likes to post
  • King Caco
    • View Profile
    • Kingcaco
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 06:53:15 am »
Maverick forgiveness

« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:57:26 am by KingCaco »

Donstald

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 01:26:34 pm »
LOL!!! ;D

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 03:14:46 pm »
* Maverick slaps Thijn with a z0r video!

Oh yh and I DID YOUR MOM! :P