March 28, 2024, 07:01:47 pm

Author Topic: Shorter pedestrians/skins are harder to hit?  (Read 1270 times)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Shorter pedestrians/skins are harder to hit?
« on: October 24, 2017, 03:08:36 pm »
I believe this is a known issue since the beginning of VCMP, but we never had a productive discussion about it.

A lot of GTAVC skins, who are short in height(especially females) appear too fast in VCMP. Do they only appear fast, or are their animations/move speed faster? If someone is into skin modding, maybe they can provide an insight about the bones and animation data. The lady carrying shopping bags seems to be the hardest skin to hit, or maybe it is just the visuals which makes the movement hard to judge.

Also, their hitboxes would be smaller compared to other skins, so hitting them should theoretically be harder.

It is quite common to see people using these skins in DM servers for the slight advantage. I wonder if it is possible to fix these skins and use custom female skins on DM servers(or outright delete female skins from every DM server).
Agree Agree x 5 Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Piterus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Shorter pedestrians/skins are harder to hit?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 04:02:11 pm »
I'm not sure, but every skins are based on the same bone and there is not much difference during fight. It's rather individual preferences in my opinion - I haven't problem to fight in Hilary King's skin for example ;p
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 04:20:34 pm »
I believe it's more of a visual illusion than a physical advantage in movement speed

don't really have much more to add at this point
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Zatch

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Night City
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 04:56:42 pm »
I used to think the same about female skins in 0.3 but as morph said, it's just a visual illusion.

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 05:04:38 pm »
I believe this is a known issue since the beginning of VCMP, but we never had a productive discussion about it.

A lot of GTAVC skins, who are short in height(especially females) appear too fast in VCMP. Do they only appear fast, or are their animations/move speed faster? If someone is into skin modding, maybe they can provide an insight about the bones and animation data. The lady carrying shopping bags seems to be the hardest skin to hit, or maybe it is just the visuals which makes the movement hard to judge.

Also, their hitboxes would be smaller compared to other skins, so hitting them should theoretically be harder.

It is quite common to see people using these skins in DM servers for the slight advantage. I wonder if it is possible to fix these skins and use custom female skins on DM servers(or outright delete female skins from every DM server).
Yes, you're right if there's a way to do this but I'm not sure  :-\ :-\

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

GoRcEE

• Crazy Man
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 05:51:35 pm »
Just because these skins are default in vice city, changes might be or not. Its uses are prolly illegal.

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 07:32:45 pm »
If this happens to be true, it's always possible to mod them to that of a male.

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help