login
March 28, 2024, 10:15:39 am

Author Topic: Need help with a few things  (Read 1876 times)

Sammael

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Regular
  • Current nick: Sachiko
    • View Profile
Need help with a few things
« on: April 14, 2013, 03:48:57 am »
I was trying to use FBS to learn squirrel and code my own server, what stopped me here is the echo bot fails to relay stuff FROM the server. I've even asked hellboy_vkk what the bot needs to relay stuff from the server. He gave me a couple of lines that were already in the FBS-Echo.nut file.

Next, I tried VBS. It runs...but the db files can't be written to or read from. I have sqlite3 installed. Dunno what to do to fix that.

If anyone could provide a solution to either or both of the issues, that would be great.

[EDIT]: Put the Linux modules in a Modules subfolder in the server Directory. Still looking for an echo-bot fix for FBS. VBS is nice...but missing many basic commands I don't feel like coding myself. :lazy:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:29:27 am by Sammael »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with a few things
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 07:19:50 am »
So what's problem bot not joining the echo channel eh?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sammael

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 06:40:36 pm »
It joins, just doesn't echo the chat stuff to the channel.

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 07:00:40 pm »
try !say text? maybe this is what you are asking?

Sammael

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 07:10:35 pm »
Nononono. The !say and .text stuff works fine. It's the chat from the server that isn't echo'd to the channel.

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 07:27:59 pm »
Oh then add this line to your fbs-echo.nut.  :)

Code: [Select]
function onPlayerChat( player, text )
{
  if ( text )
  {
  if ( text.slice( 0, 1 ) == "!" )
  {
local i = NumTok( text, " " );

if ( i == 1 ) onPlayerCmd( player, GetTok( text.slice( 1 ).tolower(), " ", 1 ), null );
  else onPlayerCmd( player, GetTok( text.slice( 1 ), " ", 1 ).tolower(), GetTok( text.slice( 1 ), " ", 2, i ) );
  }
  }
 EchoMessage("["+player.ID+"] "+player.Name+": "+text);
}

Sammael

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 07:51:25 pm »
Thanks!

It's actually the FBS_Echo from Dany's ADM on the unofficial VCMP forums. I tried asking him the same thing. He told me something about onPlayerDeath...but he forgot the funtion prefix thing for it...Welp, back to work. I'll be sure to drop back by here if I hit any snags. Seems I get more help here than at the unofficial forums.

Well, if anyone wants to check it out...it's on the Internet tab in the browser. Cleverly titled Sammael's Test Server. Probably won't have a vehicle owning system for a long while. So far it's only a DM server. No pass is needed. All stuff is pretty much the same, except a few added commands on the IRC side and the echo fixed thanks to Willy. :)

Btw, for those who have the hacks and stuff...but only for educational purposes...I'm allowing hacking during testing phases. So, have at it. If you get auto-banned, let me know and I'll unban you.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:00:44 pm by Sammael »