login
March 28, 2024, 11:07:12 am

Author Topic: SS vs VU  (Read 10868 times)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: SS vs VU
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 10:35:53 am »
Since the script has spawning issues when flipping sides between teams
Did this happen again during this last multi clan match?

I remember fixing this bug months ago and I just tested it right now and couldn't reproduce it. You sure this is still happening? If so, do you remember on which arena this happened?

Well yeah we had issues but no it wasn't the issue of spawning that was present in the TRC vs VU match way back. I believe the command just flat out didn't work. Skycrappers was one example where we had to kill ourselves and switch sides as a result.
Do you know if the staff member tried to use the command while the round was in progress? Or did he used it before the round started from the lobby? The command has to be used while on the lobby, doesn't work while the round is in progress :P
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Eddy

• Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 03:02:14 am »
Do you know if the staff member tried to use the command while the round was in progress?
yes :-[
Funny Funny x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

ZUBI

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 06:32:25 am »
It was tested by me and Gangstaras all cmds worked fine we had no issue switching sides, few bugs appeared with the barrel thing and later those were also fixed by NewK that day. :)
Disagree Disagree x 1 Winner Winner x 2 (list)

Credits : Berkley/Gohan

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 12:25:06 pm »
Do you know if the staff member tried to use the command while the round was in progress?
yes :-[
Next time when everyone is on the lobby (Malibu), before the round starts just use: /switchedctf <arenaName> and the round will start with the sides flipped. For instance /switchedctf tools will start the 24/7 tools arena.
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 3 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 05:39:33 pm »
There was one spawn bug though that manifested itself. We loaded up I believe it was Vercetti Fields mid match and I was spawned way out of base. By my guess, I believe I took on the spawnpoint of the map Motel Fury as it corresponded well with the side that is to the beach. It only happened once and to me only I think of the 25+ maps I checked that day.

Another bug I did notice was the auto-start voting system. The voting options disappear after a period of time with no way of re-activating it unless an admin comes in the server, disables then re-enables the autostart function. So no non-admin can start a match and play on the server in their own time as a result. That needs to be dealt with.

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 05:44:21 pm »
There was one spawn bug though that manifested itself. We loaded up I believe it was Vercetti Fields mid match and I was spawned way out of base. By my guess, I believe I took on the spawnpoint of the map Motel Fury as it corresponded well with the side that is to the beach. It only happened once and to me only I think of the 25+ maps I checked that day.

If you are saying that during Vercetti Fields you spawned in Ocean Beach in the 'hotels' section, I had the same issue on Vercetti Fields map.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 2 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 11:45:29 pm »

If you are saying that during Vercetti Fields you spawned in Ocean Beach in the 'hotels' section, I had the same issue on Vercetti Fields map.
This is fixed now. Let me know if there's any other bad spawnpoints on other arenas.

Another bug I did notice was the auto-start voting system. The voting options disappear after a period of time with no way of re-activating it unless an admin comes in the server, disables then re-enables the autostart function. So no non-admin can start a match and play on the server in their own time as a result. That needs to be dealt with.
This is actually how it works on CTF4.0 aswell, the only difference is that the script spams the staff channel with a warning when this happens and usually someone on the staff channel uses the IRC command to re-enable autostart. I haven't added this warning to the CTF5.0 IRC bot though, In the future I'm going to change it so that whenever admins leave the server the autostart function will be automatically enabled.
Winner Winner x 1 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 02:08:31 pm »
We will post our bases tomorrow. Just a reminder.
Agree Agree x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Eddy

• Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 01:31:39 am »
Bigship [shipyard side]
North point mall [Vinyl countdown]

A rule to which both teams must agree:

If in the middle of a round the server get restarts (for x reason), the count does not start from 0 again, the minute is set in which the server was restarted and the points both team made will be added to each team at the end of the round.

Example, if the server restarts suddenly with the following score:

VU: 15
SS: 15

At the end of the round these points will be added to them.

PD: It is very rare that this happens in the CTF 5.0, just in case...
Winner Winner x 2 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 03:03:19 pm »
Bigship [shipyard side]
North point mall [Vinyl countdown]

A rule to which both teams must agree:

If in the middle of a round the server get restarts (for x reason), the count does not start from 0 again, the minute is set in which the server was restarted and the points both team made will be added to each team at the end of the round.

Example, if the server restarts suddenly with the following score:

VU: 15
SS: 15

At the end of the round these points will be added to them.

PD: It is very rare that this happens in the CTF 5.0, just in case...

Our bases are:

Damn Roofers (VAJ Helipad side)

Cuban Cafe (Robina's Cafe side)

We agree to the terms on the condition that the time remaining as well is accounted for in the restarts.

Also if it is possible cuz this is short notice, it would be good to have a script that limits the amount of players that can spawn while the rounds are active for clanwars like this. We see it all the time where our reserves suicide for a myriad of reasons, making each side lose points, or some random noob joins the server and tries to spawn over and over. While we have our faithful on-lookers counting the points, we know better than to trust outside tallying cuz anyone can make up a story on spot, and you know what that means. It would make things smoother if it was just prevented altogether.

Eddy

• Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 04:08:12 pm »
Also if it is possible cuz this is short notice, it would be good to have a script that limits the amount of players that can spawn while the rounds are active for clanwars like this. We see it all the time where our reserves suicide for a myriad of reasons, making each side lose points, or some random noob joins the server and tries to spawn over and over. While we have our faithful on-lookers counting the points, we know better than to trust outside tallying cuz anyone can make up a story on spot, and you know what that means. It would make things smoother if it was just prevented altogether.
We will see if newk can solve that

Other information, I just noticed that players can leave the fences, leaving the fences is not allowed, for some reason they are there.

It's like playing outside the boundaries in 4.0, getting out of the fences is not allowed. If it is by accident, it is understood
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 06:00:08 pm »
can it be fixed, though...
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2017, 07:35:54 pm »
Damn Roofers will be a problem.

I made boundaries for that base a long time ago and they're really half-arsed with holes everywhere.

Which means you can leave the base boundaries any time and pretty easily.

I couldn't get around to fixing them then because I had a busy period in my life and right now I'm no longer permitted to do so and nobody has took over.

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2017, 09:14:17 pm »
Also if it is possible cuz this is short notice, it would be good to have a script that limits the amount of players that can spawn while the rounds are active for clanwars like this. We see it all the time where our reserves suicide for a myriad of reasons, making each side lose points, or some random noob joins the server and tries to spawn over and over.
Hmm, the server already has this, CTF5.0 I mean. Whenever there's a clanwar, the server limits the teams to 5 players maximum. There's an IRC command and ingame command that staff members use to put the server in "cw mode". Staff members know about this, but just in case they forgot, ingame it's /event <serverpass> <eventName>, on the IRC staff channel, it's !event instead of /event

!event <serverPassword> <eventName>

After running the command:
  • The server will be locked and the password will be set to whatever was typed in <serverPassword>
  • The server will change the server name to whatever was typed in <eventName>
  • The server will kill all spawned players and generate a spawn password for the blue team and the red team (the passwords will be shown on the staff channel)
  • The server will set the spawn limit to 5 players

The server will kill the players who try to spawn when their team has reached its limit for spawned players. These players that get killed this way will not affect their team's scores. No points will be deducted. Staff members can also change this limit with /spawnlimit <number>. If the number set is less than the current spawnlimit, that command won't kill any excess players that are spawned though. Also if some random noob joins the server, he won't be able to spawn because he doesn't have the spawn password.

!endevent must be used from the staff channel after the clanwar is over

About the Damn roofers arena, I'll fix it in a few hours when I get home.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:41:07 pm by NewK »
Informative Informative x 3 (list)

Eddy

• Crazy Man
  • CTF Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 09:58:09 pm »
News, i'll send you some pics about the holes krystianoo is talking about.
I will send the pics on ctf forums, check your pm in some hours.

PD: we can fix it with some objects like barrels, I wrote on phone... sorry for error
Informative Informative x 2 (list)