March 19, 2024, 10:25:56 am

Author Topic: Clearing the air  (Read 9176 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Clearing the air
« on: June 23, 2017, 05:51:35 pm »
I'm going to keep this short.

It has come to our attention that some members of the community are unhappy with the way we are administrating this forum.

We encourage the community to post here, and we are much more lenient about where and what people can post than most forums. We respect free speech, and the right of everyone to have a voice. However, there are limits.

We will not allow this forum to become a place where people do not feel welcome because of disgusting, abusive language directed against them predicated on their gender, race, religion, skin colour, sexuality or background.

If anyone has a problem with this, we invite you to say so here and give your reasons. We respect honest, open and intelligent discussion, we do not respect random abuse in the shoutbox. If you want something to change, then give us a good reason to change.

So far we have restrained from implementing hard rules, but this is now under discussion in our private boards in light of recent posting trends.

Finally, a question to those who are currently expressing outrage: do you think we enjoy banning people, editing posts and handing out warnings? The answer is no, we do not. We dislike having to take time from our days to mete out punitive action, and we dislike reading logs of where we are abused because of it. We try to respect and empathise with you, and we ask the same in return.
Agree Agree x 26 Winner Winner x 3 Informative Informative x 2 Friendly Friendly x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing the air
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 06:58:17 pm »
That's a great thing, many players/peoples leave this community(VC:MP) just due to severe abuses & insults(not to them, to their families & personal life), this should be stopped. Insult or abusing anyone's personal life, saying something bad about their country, religion or race, its kind of irritation & disgusting. We're all here to play, have fun & to enjoy, not to abuse or insult someone's personal life.

I've been on EC forums from 2 years, in this span many players hated me, it was only due to the fact, I was always their to clean up forums & ban those who start a massive massive flamming on topics or shoutbox. I've ban many of those from forums when they start abusing/insulting someone's family, country, color, religion(racism tho) or even sexuality because it's the worst thing.

The one who is insulting/abusing someone doesn't really know how the other guy is feeling. Many guys say it's an 18+ game & these kind of things happen but not really this is an accuse. 18+ means you're more mature so when you're playing 18+ game, show mature behavior that's all.

There should be strict rules for forums for such things.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:15:26 pm by Sevrin »
Agree Agree x 12 Useful Useful x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 02:23:07 am »
I am not fully aware of "these recent posting trends" you're refering to, but those who get banned will always complain regardless of whatever changes you guys decide to make now, so don't expect to receive any constructive criticism from  their side. If you're talking about imposing general forum wide rules to prevent the scenarios which you described, I don't think that will work because the type of people that engage in these sort of behaviours will not be held back by a simple rulebook, but I guess it's worth a shot anyway since it will atleast bring awareness to the fact that those issues exist and that such behaviours will not be accepted.

I believe the "issue" here that this forum is such a big community hub for matters not directly related to VU, that people tend to forget that this is infact a clan forum and expect the forum administration to be lenient in most cases. Although, I am of the opinion that VU could and should have a say about what they allow in their own forums.

That way I see it, anything that helps reduce the toxicity in the community is a good thing.
Agree Agree x 4 Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 2 (list)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 03:05:24 am »
 i havent read your topic at all to be honest these long topics make sleep but i can somewhaat see your point, i see nothing wrong with the VU forum, its currently (at least to me) the biggest VC:MP forum even bigger than Official VC:MP forum is, just look at all the ppl that log in each day, you're doing really well and keep the work up just like me when trying to spot shitty 0.4 cheaters still you got much more influence than me im still  trying to get my goals xD i miss when nobody used to cheat and the major offense you could do was FPS adjusting :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:25:44 am by JuaN. »
Funny Funny x 6 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 03:41:55 am »
In short summary  ;)
Agree Agree x 8 Disagree Disagree x 2 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 Artistic Artistic x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 5 (list)

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 01:14:30 am »
Many people will disagree with my post, or maybe just find it unimportant, but I don't care I'll go ahead and state my opinion just like I always did whenever I felt like.

I disagree with the recent addition of the "dumb" reaction. I find it in great contraddiction with this topic, mainly because it will just be used passively aggressively to bash at people and reiterate those personal grudges that you're trying to leave out. I personally don't really mind reactions too much, but there is no denying how much those reactions affect people behaviour (ok now don't come saying they don't do to you, I'm talking in general). Alternatively people will just spam it for no real reason just because it's a new thing.

I don't find it necessary, if anything something that promoted positive behaviour could have been added or something more useful, "Dumb" isn't useful just because it represents the same as "Brain donor" and BD was actually a smexier way of conveying the message to someone, read "smexy" as smart and funnier at the same time.

I expect tons of "Dumb", thanks for the attention. :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 01:17:34 am by PunkNoodle »
Agree Agree x 19 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 07:08:43 am »
The rate is like pouring more gasoline on the fire.
Agree Agree x 2 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 09:00:31 am »
it's basically two rates conveying the same message

a bit superfluous in my opinion
Agree Agree x 8 (list)

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 05:21:01 pm »
I agree, removed.
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 7 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 07:58:26 pm »
I agree, removed.

now give me forum admin for helping in the drastic increase of the forum's efficiency and safety.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 10 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 07:59:10 pm »
I agree, removed.

now give me forum admin for helping in the drastic increase of the forum's efficiency and safety.
you leak vu private boards :o
Disagree Disagree x 2 Funny Funny x 9 (list)

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 08:10:04 pm »
forum's efficiency and safety.
TRC forum still allows creating topics in Accepted Applications boards -_-
Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 25 Winner Winner x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 08:26:21 pm »
forum's efficiency and safety.
TRC forum still allows creating topics in Accepted Applications boards -_-

don't know what you're talking about  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Funny Funny x 2 Artistic Artistic x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)

TheKing

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • THE KKO OUTTA NOWHERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 09:59:55 pm »
Overall, Vice Underdogs Clan is requesting each and one of the people that log into this forum to RESPECT the views and opinions of others. We've allowed each of you to post freely and to have fun within OUR forum, because we care about keeping this mod alive. We also thank you because you've contributed to making this the most live forum of VC:MP, and we encourage you to keep doing so with maturity and some fun here & there, I mean this what its all about.

Like it or not this is a pain in the ass for everyone having to clean up your mess, and if this insulting behaviour doesn't stop we will be forced to do what we think its right.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

ITS THE BIG DOG!

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 10:06:35 pm »
Many people will disagree with my post, or maybe just find it unimportant, but I don't care I'll go ahead and state my opinion just like I always did whenever I felt like.

I disagree with the recent addition of the "dumb" reaction. I find it in great contraddiction with this topic, mainly because it will just be used passively aggressively to bash at people and reiterate those personal grudges that you're trying to leave out. I personally don't really mind reactions too much, but there is no denying how much those reactions affect people behaviour (ok now don't come saying they don't do to you, I'm talking in general). Alternatively people will just spam it for no real reason just because it's a new thing.

I don't find it necessary, if anything something that promoted positive behaviour could have been added or something more useful, "Dumb" isn't useful just because it represents the same as "Brain donor" and BD was actually a smexier way of conveying the message to someone, read "smexy" as smart and funnier at the same time.

I expect tons of "Dumb", thanks for the attention. :)

damn it Punk, you stole my words, wishing that day with VU forums out of "brain donor" reaction.
Agree Agree x 3 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

[0] [VU]BliTz: lederhoes sounds like trump

credits to ponky ponky