March 19, 2024, 07:07:36 am

Author Topic: A letter to our community  (Read 6812 times)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
A letter to our community
« on: March 16, 2017, 06:14:30 pm »
Hello dear community!

This is an open invitation to any fair and honest players, who truly love and play this modification with passion. First of all I'd like to thank you all for keeping this community alive for an astounding 12 years now. That's right folks, every single one of you hold credit for that. The Vice Underdogs clan is in your gratitude, for you are the ones who are also responsible for keeping all of the clans in place, without you, there is no community at all.

Getting to the other point of the topic, Vice City multiplayer tends to have a lot of ups and downs, during its existence. I'm sure we all remember the big fall of XE, EA, and most of our other favorite 0.3 servers. Alas, we've managed to get through those obstacles, and whilst starting to get used to 0.4 and the new game mechanics, we've embraced new servers such as European City (EC) as a common deathmatch hub. I would like to thank EC first and foremost, since it indeed was the server we all needed at the time. Not anymore.

The idea behind EC wasn't a new one. There weren't any fresh scripts that made it stand out from some crowd. It was simply a server we needed, because we lacked one big DM hub to play in. EC has delivered.

Sounds pretty positive, doesn't it? In all honesty yes, but as with most other good things, they get corrupted.
Not corrupted in terms of gameplay, because nothing really changed from the beginning as the management figured they shouldn't fix what ain't broken, but what changed is the general aspect of management and administrative regulations and behavior. To put it in light terms, EC gained staff which have good character, but are mostly inexperienced, or even worse, biased. It's understandable from the fact they didn't have a lot to choose from in the first place.

So let's get down to where these statements made by me are coming from. A prime example of a problem with management is of course Sevrin. To clear all of the doubts, I respect Sevrin as a person. He is kind, polite, and generally nice to talk to. But he is simply not cut out for such a position. Although a nice person, he is rash, blunt, and too eager for power. It's a case of wanting to be supreme. And that gentlemen, almost never works out for good.

Let's take a look at the public perception of Sevrin, and the rest of EC's staff.

Sevrin: 15 reports for misuse of power, and that's only from the reboot of EC
Azulej: 6 reports, misuse of power
Brian/Sora_blue: The man joined the staff team in February, this year. He has already attained 6 reports.

I will not delve further into the list out of pure respect to these people as persons, but there is an obvious problem here. If the admins are in line, and act according to both rules and represent justice in the server, why are there so many reports against them? I think we all know that a lot of these hold some truth to them.

Apart from that, months ago, certain logs were revealed to the public showing Sevrin asking for illegal mods in IRC. After a few weeks of nagging the EC management for a response, Sevrin gets demoted from manager to administrator. Wow. That really showed him.

And from that moment, it's been a straight trip downhill for EC. Reports with little or no evidence being accepted, reports with plenty of evidence being ignored. Banning people on account of ''suspicious activity''?!
Suspicious activity.. man..

The administrating team trying to find loopholes in their own rules, to avoid banning certain players who they perpetuate as friends. Accepting SpeedGear reports, without testing out various speed gear tests, or applying existent Speedgear countermeasures to their server scripts. A player slides, must be SpeedGear.
A player shot me before I shot him. SpeedGear God I hate that guy, I should probably report him for SpeedGear because it's the new F1.

Indeed, F1. Remember that hack that caused the XE playerbase to go crumbling, in the likes of the Spanish Inquisition? Yeah, well it has a new name.

People, we must learn from our own mistakes. Don't let paranoia or suspicion get the best of you. Let's try depending solely on facts and knowledge. Let's not threaten the very game we love with our own failure to understand, or listen to the very people we're accusing for a matter we don't know anything about.

This is a letter to the community, in hopes of keeping the game healthy. The servers need to be healthy. The players need to be healthy. And most of all, the very people who are responsible for running those servers, need to be healthy. Either give us the server we now need and deserve, or we will find another one.

Thank you all for reading, yours truly,

Vice Underdogs Management, Ferrari32

Agree Agree x 5 Disagree Disagree x 2 Funny Funny x 2 Winner Winner x 19 Pwnt Pwnt x 4 Informative Informative x 4 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Piterus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: A letter to our community
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 10:31:11 pm »
Well.. With all due respect for the developers EC, that server is not and never was at the same level like was EA or XE. Attendance is not everything. However, we all know that this point is not about a server, but a certain group of people.

Topic about Toxicity in the VC:MP community (which every year is getting smaller) was raised many times, almost on each server. Sad that some people do not draw conclusions from this. Sometimes all it takes not to be a dick (or if you prefer, xyu) for the other person. It's enough.

About the rules on servers, I paraphrase my post from the official forum: The best (...) system is normal human honesty. Nobody has to write about it.

Seriously we need to do drama in virtual world? We do not have enough of it every day? Let each answer for himself.

Greetings from Utopia.
Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 06:25:10 am »
EC is just a mix of copies of all servers. ECD is probably the only authentical thing there.
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 4 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 06:50:57 am »
EC staff (not including everyone but yeah a big amount of them) doesnt have the same measuring bar for everyone, that also happens in a few servers but they know how to manage/hide it but right there on EC its pretty obvious lol.

Its okay if they do not want to lose their playercount but yeah EC staff aint doing things the right way imo, but as its their server they do whatever they want, then at least for me i dont care even if it burns.

80% of players there use 3rd party programs especially those who pick certain skin but like i said if EC staff members want a server full of 3rd party program users let them have it lol ppl will quit playing there eventually, its a matter of time no need to argue.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 11:29:04 am »
While Siezer got a 30 days ban for ''weird sliding'', Hunting gets a 5 day ban for this http://ec.vc-mp.co.uk/index.php?topic=3679.msg20530#new

Totally unbiased.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Informative Informative x 2 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

D.E.[[V]].I.L

• Fanatic
  • Never curse your fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 11:54:05 am »
Can't figure out whats going on? BAN is the option.

Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 12:36:41 pm »
lol the same hacking scum all the time, i really miss 2009-2012 times when the weirdest thing was fps adjusting.

try playing a vc clean game dudes is it that hard? im asking this to wk fanboys ;K, (no y axis, no speed gear, no strange desyncs in your game, no hotkeying your game) :KKKK
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:41:06 pm by JuaN. »
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 4 Informative Informative x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

D.E.[[V]].I.L

• Fanatic
  • Never curse your fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 01:15:17 pm »
lol the same hacking scum all the time, i really miss 2009-2012 times when the weirdest thing was fps adjusting.

try playing a vc clean game dudes is it that hard? im asking this to wk fanboys ;K, (no y axis, no speed gear, no strange desyncs in your game, no hotkeying your game) :KKKK

Hacks are being developed day by day, theres no anti cheat for it.
Informative Informative x 2 (list)

Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 02:18:59 pm »

you seem to know a lot about it
Funny Funny x 8 Winner Winner x 4 Pwnt Pwnt x 5 Informative Informative x 1 Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

D.E.[[V]].I.L

• Fanatic
  • Never curse your fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 04:35:19 pm »

Use to glitch, crack things to get advantages, using mods to get advantages, finding hacks to get to know more about games n stuff.

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 05:21:04 pm »

Use to glitch, crack things to get advantages, using mods to get advantages, finding hacks to get to know more about games n stuff.
devil is telling the truth. http://ead.thijn.ovh/index.php?topic=413.0
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)

Milko

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 07:14:43 pm »
Talking about vlad... I think he's so heartless because I banned him on sky city for breaking rules in 2013. He's been through a phase despite being 10 years old.

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 08:27:43 pm »
Talking about vlad... I think he's so heartless because I banned him on sky city for breaking rules in 2013. He's been through a phase despite being 10 years old.
why u do dis :(
da kid still suffers

Milko

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 10:10:08 pm »
why u do dis :(
da kid still suffers

Well, if you break a rule, you'll be punished. -krystiano blog 2k15
I guess that's his post-traumatic consequence.
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

MaiYan

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 05:02:39 am »
EC is Now XE like aki save his staff now human save his staff lol thanks im out from there i pay for server hosting or web hosting for ec also server name and ECD is mine ideas many more don't have time for off topic... :thumbsdown: and wht they did they with me  :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:06:41 am by MaiYan »
Optimistic Optimistic x 2 Artistic Artistic x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 6 (list)

Join Us on :https://www.htmkr.com/topic/97-50-posting-contest-reply-to-enter/