login
March 28, 2024, 07:09:14 pm

Author Topic: HeAD's Suggestions  (Read 6097 times)

ULK.HeAD

• Fanatic
  • the most interesting man in VCMP
    • View Profile
    • ULK Gang
HeAD's Suggestions
« on: August 14, 2011, 06:11:28 am »
dunno if there's a place for this already, but here's some suggestions I have to help ensure fair play and fair competition at the next vice war:

• make the following a rule:
  "no whining, no complaining, and no admin actions without a fraps video and report to match"
of course there would have to be some leeway or more specification with the admin part, but I think you all can see where I'm going with that.

• add a command to give a sum and average of a team's pings to instantly settle pointless accusations about pings then and there and to help limit the complaining. hell, you can even automate and give +1 point to base captures for every 100ms a team under-pings their rivals.

• swap the bases around once or twice at a certain time or under certain conditions... OR maybe change the bases entirely instead of swapping to prevent tactical copycatting and "they got the good base first" complaints.

• not exactly sure yet, but do something like:
give 20 points instead of 10 to a team capturing the enemy base icon if they are outnumbered, or instead of that maybe give 20 if they are down by a certain amount of points. also check into other minute scoring changes to give incentive and give a little help to the team that is outnumbered. I know this shit isn't exactly fair play and fair competition but it would probably be the best solution to the slowdowns and even worse stalemates I witnessed
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:46:38 am by Cutton »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: suggestons for next vice war?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:42:00 am »
dunno if there's a place for this already, but here's some suggestions I have to help ensure fair play and fair competition at the next vice war:

• make the following a rule:
  "no whining, no complaining, and no admin actions without a fraps video and report to match"
of course there would have to be some leeway or more specification with the admin part, but I think you all can see where I'm going with that.
Well i think people should be allowed to say whatever they want, whining or not. Last vice war we(blues) took red's complains and moans too so i don't see why the red team is so bothered about blue complaining, they complained last time too. Frapping for evidence might be a good a idea though, but keep in mind this would cut the fast paced combat and action...."recording, uploading, leaving the game, posting on the forums, waiting for reply" i doubt people will go trough all that trouble while they could be playing.

• add a command to give a sum and average of a team's pings to instantly settle pointless accusations about pings then and there and to help limit the complaining. hell, you can even automate and give +1 point to base captures for every 100ms a team under-pings their rivals.
Wouldn't be that accurate since alot of players have ping spikes, also those "lag accusations" don't always rely on ping, but gfx lagg too. And it wouldn't be fair to both teams to give points like that because there's alot of low ping players that still lagg alot.

• swap the bases around once or twice at a certain time or under certain conditions... OR maybe change the bases entirely instead of swapping to prevent tactical copycatting and "they got the good base first" complaints.
This might be a good idea, but i have no complains about the bases though, they were even with one another this time.

• not exactly sure yet, but do something like:
give 20 points instead of 10 to a team capturing the enemy base icon if they are outnumbered, or instead of that maybe give 20 if they are down by a certain amount of points. also check into other minute scoring changes to give incentive and give a little help to the team that is outnumbered. I know this shit isn't exactly fair play and fair competition but it would probably be the best solution to the slowdowns and even worse stalemates I witnessed
This might help the team who is outnumbered, but it would have to be done carefully so it doesn't help too much, still there's nothing better then having the same amount of players in both teams tough.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 09:29:52 am »
suggestion: disable FS or make a crouch+fs bannable

dude nearly 80% of vcmp players are into fast switching and crouch.. it wont be benificial to disallow them.. people perhaps wont even join the server.. :P

Yeah I'ma deny that one straight off.

Head, 1) sounds good. If you want to report admins either do /c report if you know the abuse is going to happen again, or take evidence and post it on the forum so that we can take action before the next vice war. Any lag kicks/bans should be frapsed by admins, not for approval but to back up any accusations of abuse.

2) I think it would be a fun stat, I don't think we should integrate points into it but the more stats to laugh at the better.

3) Yes I completely agree. Whilst base swapping might encourage 'they had the good base first' complaints, base moving would also encourage 'their first base was way better than ours' complaints. It's hard enough to find 2 balanced bases in VC as it is, so I think we should stick with 2 per event.

4) Hmm, I'm not so sure about this one. It'd need fine tuning for sure. I like the principle though, it would encourage the minority to attack, and attack intelligently (which blue desperately needed to do during the first 12 hours of the match).

Writer of excessively long posts

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:52:12 am »
Well it's easy to make a successful attack if you can outnumber the other team. If you are on the team with the less players you have to choose , either attack or defend, you can't do both or else it will result in very few people attacking and very few people defending. And that's what happened last vice war with the red team, and this time it happened with the blue team.

ULK.HeAD

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • ULK Gang
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:56:27 am »
ye cutton those weren't finalized solutions by any means, just stuff to think about and consider trying to integrate in some form...

i doubt people will go trough all that trouble while they could be playing.
I guess you missed the point, cause that is pretty much how it would work to stop unecessary complaints from both sides. if someone is going to complain(report), there is going to be a very good (game stopping) reason for it, or they can stfu and continue to play the game without the bullshit. both sides were sliding, both sides were lagging and both spawnkilling and whining.

still there's nothing better then having the same amount of players in both teams tough.
to my understanding part of the vice wars competition between gangs (also to boost activity) was asking each side to put forth as many guys as possible or be overrun... basically part of competing in the gang wars was just having gang members show up in the first place. the tradeoff with some sort of forced team balancing would be losing the overall player count. if it had to be done, my first idea is to round off the extra players from a team starting from the highest ping. kill lag and balance team at the same time.
but really, i think if there is going to be some compensation for team balance it needs to be very minute and done with scoring, not cutting people out of the game or making them spec.

Crossfire|OutlawZ

• Crazy Man
  • Wubba Lubba DUBB DUBBB BIAAAAATCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 10:57:13 am »
a suggestion from my side too..

guys remember.. killing an opponent with a katana heals your team.. i think it should be more that getting the team healed.. for example 20 bonous points along with the team heal  coz noone use katana just to get the teammates healed..
It was already there in vicewar i guess

Marcell

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 11:06:21 am »
and no admin actions without a fraps video and report to match"
'ADMIN THEREZ A HACKER WITH MINIGUN SLAUGHETERINGNGNGNG US ALLL PLZ HLAP!!!!111111'
'-MAKE A MOTHERFUCKING REPORT!!!!'
*user makes a report*
'-NOW GIVE ME A FUCKING MINUTE I NEED TO FILM THIS SHIT*
*admin films the shit*
*hacker kills about 300 ppl hypering thru whole map with minigun, and doesnt get banned since he /q'ed before admin could /c ban*
jejejjeje red/blue team wins

UJIbU4

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 12:16:55 pm »
'ADMIN THEREZ A HACKER WITH MINIGUN SLAUGHETERINGNGNGNG US ALLL PLZ HLAP!!!!111111'
*user makes a report*
*admin films the shit*
*hacker kills about 300 ppl hypering thru whole map with minigun, and doesnt get banned since he /q'ed before admin could /c ban*
rofl marcell hahahah, ..... indeed that's a bit stupid, we trust admins not to do this fraps stuff, regulars have to.

ULK.HeAD

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • ULK Gang
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 07:48:44 pm »
*user makes a report*
*admin films the shit*

yeah sure thats exactly how it would work, your common sense skills are working just fine there, pal. thanks for sharing with me cause I also have no clue how administration stuff works. thanks bro.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:51:36 pm by ULK.HeAD »

Crossfire|OutlawZ

• Crazy Man
  • Wubba Lubba DUBB DUBBB BIAAAAATCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 08:48:12 pm »
*user makes a report*
*admin films the shit*

yeah sure thats exactly how it would work, your common sense skills are working just fine there, pal. thanks for sharing with me cause I also have no clue how administration stuff works. thanks bro.
:D

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 03:01:37 pm »
I'ma make a suggestion board and split this topic up into a few topics tomorrow, I'm losing track

Writer of excessively long posts

ULK.HeAD

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • ULK Gang
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 08:51:46 pm »
maybe just keep the event as close as possible to what it was since it worked so well... but reverse the scoring for base defenders so they get 4 points for killing attackers at the perimeter of their base, and only 1 point for killing them at the base pickup icon.

I'm just throwing this random idea out someone else to think about it and shoot it down, but I'm thinking it could help make attacks actually feel like they are hurting something if they break inside, instead of making attacks feel like they were just walking into the meatgrinder while we LOL'd and racked up a larger point lead.

eh, also we need a givecash command. self explanatory

aXXo

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 05:15:23 am »
Wont hurt to have a givecash.
Noob spazzers like me needed a lot of cash, while others just want to stick with stubby.  ;D

I think we desperately need a method to heal.
When you survive a huge fight with only 10 HP left, to heal you need to get into another fight. :(
Maybe only pharmacies and hospitals can heal. (5 seconds wait included)
And it should cost monies.

venkat

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: HeAD's Suggestions
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 11:59:21 am »
+1 for give cash command. After all, its all about team play .

ULK.HeAD

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • ULK Gang
Re: HeAD's Suggestions
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 04:15:34 pm »
eh since everything is sorta scattered here's my current suggestions, lol..

oh fuck i almost forgot this one, what about a command to get rid of unwanted weapons or specify ammo amount for free weapons? pistol with 200 ammo? no thanks...

...it doesn't have to be a rule like I was saying to get the point across, but people should find a way to shut the fuck up when it comes to complaining about the way the event is going, unless it is something they are prepared to fraps and/or report and then stand by their complaint all the way until the end instead of just spamming up the chat with useless flaming. if they have a complaint about the other team or a players actions, and if they aren't ready to fraps and report it if needed, they shouldn't even be complaining in the first place because they obviously have no grounds. if they have a complaint about the event, again we'd sure benefit from having a person prepared to report the problem and back up their claim to help improve things instead of just saying the event sucks for dramatic effect.

also, people complained a bit about spawnkilling, but I don't remember seeing any points going out for kills in the spawn area anyway. if spawnkilling is against the rules and I have no idea if it even was... it probably shouldn't be. the base defenders spawned scattered around where they need to be which negates spawnkilling there, while the attackers spawn offsite at a place where some strategic spawnkilling can waste the spawning attackers time or help impede attacks creating some added strategy.

maybe just keep the event as close as possible to what it was since it worked so well...