April 24, 2024, 10:45:17 am

Author Topic: Sniper behavior in VC:MP (and more)  (Read 14595 times)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper behavior in VC:MP (and more)
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2017, 07:42:17 pm »
Cricket is not a sport lmao, remember that anyone can edit Wikipedia
Funny Funny x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2017, 08:43:41 am »
I think the ingame display added a certain amount to everyone's ping depending on number of hops to the server. No-one used to have less than 10ms ping in 0.3z while we have spotted some players with less than 5ms ping in 0.4. Thijn or Brian could confirm.
5 ping average, best I could achieve is 3.
Because sync packets are unordered, this might cause momentary out-of-order animation processing that causes sliding. I'm not concerned about this scenario, and while we can make sync packets ordered this can also cause more issues than it fixes by causing processing delays when dealing with laggy players, since the game would have to wait for the next packet in the sequence.
Is it possible to get this tested out?
Chainsaw is too OP, I am used to chainsaw ppl but at the same time I get pissed when someone chainsaws me :D
Chainsaw's damage output can be manipulated via FPS adjusting, same goes to the animation bugs.
Agree Agree x 2 Useful Useful x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2017, 10:22:55 pm »
Yeah, fix the punch bug. Death to juan's skills.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 2 (list)

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2017, 01:18:44 am »
Yeah, fix the punch bug. Death to juan's skills.
Prolly mine too xD

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2017, 04:50:39 am »
Chainsaw's damage output can be manipulated via FPS adjusting, same goes to the animation bugs.
There's no relation of FPS with damage, lol, it's just that it's easy to chainsaw a 30 fps guy or below that because their movement speed is less, just like yesterday in EAD, Siezer's fps went to 20 or less, it was easy for aXXo to kill him even when siezer was sprinting and aXXo was jogging,lol, in short, 60FPS players are privileged :D
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2017, 09:52:27 am »
There's no relation of FPS with damage, lol, it's just that it's easy to chainsaw a 30 fps guy or below that because their movement speed is less, just like yesterday in EAD, Siezer's fps went to 20 or less, it was easy for aXXo to kill him even when siezer was sprinting and aXXo was jogging,lol, in short, 60FPS players are privileged :D

No.

Chainsaw will kill you faster on 60 FPS because there's more collisions with player (?) than on 30.

But Stormeus can explain it better.
Agree Agree x 7 (list)

MaddyV

• Fanatic
  • tnx chicken for proteins
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2017, 02:09:58 pm »
how do i devalue other's effort karan? lol

PD: before caring whether im a real madrid fan or not care about your own coutnry getting beaten by pakistan in that sport you like so much xD
if cricket can be called a sport..
I'm so sorry for going off-topic but,

where you at pal?

Cricket is somewhat of feeling for all of us, especially the asians.

South Asians**

Agree with Karan, jadeja madarchod screwed it all up. If Hardik kept going. We probably could have won(death to virat kohli and juan)

However, on topic,
Its been a while since I played the game but it is indeed annoying when players use that punch bug on you, who knows, stormeus must be working on it when we're wasting our time complaining here!
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Azure

• Crazy Man
  • VUholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2017, 03:57:50 pm »
wait wat? vcmp 0.4.5???
when is that gonna be released and does that mean that the current one will be dead?

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2017, 04:38:18 pm »
wait wat? vcmp 0.4.5???
when is that gonna be released and does that mean that the current one will be dead?

it means vcmp 0.4 release 005 (rel005)
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

Azure

• Crazy Man
  • VUholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2017, 06:07:41 pm »
wait wat? vcmp 0.4.5???

it means vcmp 0.4 release 005 (rel005)

oh, i thought a whole new browser

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2017, 09:57:00 pm »
I'm noticing that grenades are now out of sync. Shooting them is meaningless now, they'll still explode the same spot despite bouncing away on your screen
Agree Agree x 2 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2017, 02:26:21 am »

No.

Chainsaw will kill you faster on 60 FPS because there's more collisions with player (?) than on 30.

But Stormeus can explain it better.
Yeah I know it, I am saying what is, Chainsaw user get killed first if he's having limited fps, I've observed it myself, and that bug anim happens in both cases, no matter if it's 30 or 60 fps, in our screens, it looks like the opponent got knocked and for like 2-3 seconds, his gun anim get blocked and most of the time he get killed.. Chainsaw sync is somewhat wrong or it's whole VC:MP, same happens with punch anim because..
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2017, 04:46:56 am »
Yes, that desync is very critical since in 0.4 the fall animation is very long. The player slides along the floor in fall animation and can not damage anyone.

Happens when: (from third person perspective)
  • A player gets knocked over by a vehicle.
  • A player gets knocked over by melee weapons(or guns at close range).
  • When hit by chainsaw/Katana, it sometimes procures that head-shot/bleed to death animation, which is very long.

I wonder how come getting hit by shotguns does not procure the false fall animation, but the other sources do. Could we have the same consistency in above mentioned cases?
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Hanney

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2017, 08:58:32 am »
Quick suggestion whilst coming across this topic:

There is a few particular "flinch" animations which happens in 1v1's where one player bumps into another (often by their player models both intersecting for a moment) and the other player gets stuck in a kind of "stumble" animation which then blocks them from moving for a second.

Many times in the past in 0.4 duels get ended really simply because one player ends up getting stuck in the spot because of the above leaving the other player open to take a free shot.

If possible remove those flinch animations (If anyone knows what i'm talking about).

Pretty sure one of them is  "35 - HIT_back - 58" but don't remember the rest.
Agree Agree x 6 (list)

Zultron20mg

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2017, 12:10:31 pm »
Quick suggestion whilst coming across this topic:

There is a few particular "flinch" animations which happens in 1v1's where one player bumps into another (often by their player models both intersecting for a moment) and the other player gets stuck in a kind of "stumble" animation which then blocks them from moving for a second.

Many times in the past in 0.4 duels get ended really simply because one player ends up getting stuck in the spot because of the above leaving the other player open to take a free shot.

If possible remove those flinch animations (If anyone knows what i'm talking about).

Pretty sure one of them is  "35 - HIT_back - 58" but don't remember the rest.

I know what you're talking about, its just like 0.3 where if you get bumped in someone, that player would have a bumping animation and stop there for a second with hands in punching action. and other player would shoot from a distance. this is really annoying because you get stuck and can't move until that animation gets completed.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:14:33 pm by Zultron20mg »